wsn message

Subject: RE: [wsn] Groups - WS-Topics-1.2-draft-01.doc uploaded

The only really significant change is that addition of the "Goals and requirements" section, so I will copy/paste it here for easier review. Please review/comment.

William

1.1	Goals and Requirements
The goal of the WS-Topics specification is to define a mechanism to organize and categorize
items of interest for subscription known as "topics". It defines a set of topic expression dialects that can be used as subscription expressions in subscribe request messages and other parts of the WS-Notification system.
1.1.1	Requirements
In meeting this goal, the specification must address the following specific requirements:
§	Must support resource-constrained devices. The specifications must be factored in a way that allows resource-constrained devices to participate in the Notification pattern. Such devices will be able to send information to, and receive information from Web services, without having to implement all the features of the specifications.
§	Must permit transformation and aggregation of Topics: It must be possible to construct configurations (using intermediary brokers) where the Topic subscribed to by the NotificationConsumer differs from the Topic published to by the NotificationProducer, yet NotificationMessages from the NotificationProducer are routed to the NotificationConsumer by a broker that is acting according to administratively-defined rules.
§	Must permit non-centralized development of a topic tree: It must be possible for actors to define additional topics based on existing topics without requiring coordination with the actor responsible for creating the topics that are being built on.
1.1.2	Non-Goals
The following aspects are outside the scope of these specifications:
§	Defining the format of notification payloads: The data carried in notification messages is application-domain specific, and this specification does not prescribe any particular format for this data.