wsn message

Subject: RE: [wsn] Potential issue on WS-BaseNotif: FAULT CODE?

Hi Steve

Thanks very much for the clarification (BOLD text is new)

Here is the text I propose in Section 4.2 :

As part of the successful processing of a Subscribe request message, the NotificationProducer MUST create a Subscription resource representing the Subscription.  It returns an EndpointReference to the Subscription Initiator, in the response to the Subscribe request.

If the subscription request can not be successfuly processed, the NotificationProducer may send one of the following faults in response to a Subscribe request message:

·        Unable to create subscription
·        TopicPath Dialect not understood
·        Others, TBD

Thanks

alan

----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Graham
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 08:26:59 -0600
To: "Alan Weissberger"

Hi Alan:

>What kind of a FAULT should be returned if the producer can not successfully process the subscribe request?

It depends on what the nature of the problem is.  There are many reasons why a subscribe request cannot be processed.

Section 4.2 (last paragraph) of the WS-BaseN spec:

Instead of the SubscribeResponse message, the NotificationProducer may also send the following faults in response to a Subscribe message:

·        Unable to create subscription
·        TopicPath Dialect not understood
·        Others, TBD

>What is the FAULT code and does it follow WS Base Faults?

The XML and WSDL definition of NotificationProducer portType describe the message format for the defined fault messages.  The XML definition of these fault elements extend the BaseFaultType defined by WS-BaseFaults according to the preffered mechanism described in WS-Base Faults

>WHy has this not been specified in the current version of WS Base Notification?

Hm... I thought this had been specified.  Was there a detail you would prefer to see included?

sgg

++++++++
Steve Graham
(919)254-0615 (T/L 444)
STSM, On Demand Architecture
Member, IBM Academy of Technology
<Soli Deo Gloria/>
++++++++

"Alan Weissberger" <ajwdct@technologist.com>

06/20/2004 11:23 PM

What kind of a FAULT should be returned if the producer can not successfully process the subscribe request?

What is the FAULT code and does it follow WS Base Faults?

WHy has this not been specified in the current version of WS Base Notification?

alan

Alan Weissberger
NEC Labs America
1 408 863 6042 voice