wsn message

Subject: RE: [wsn] Closing the WSN2.21

In general, I'd rather be precise in the spec and not depend on the recommendation.

Unless something is normatively MUST, I would not rely on implementations to be one way or the other.

The pseudo markup of an instance does not make any assumptions, IMO.

Just a suggestion.

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (igor.sedukhin@ca.com)

From: Steve Graham [mailto:sggraham@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2004 1:44 PM
To: Sedukhin, Igor S
Cc: wsn@lists.oasis-open.org

either one may be 'legal wsdl', however WSRF recommends the use of ref=, ie <xs:element ref="wsnt:Topics" minOccurs=”0” maxOccurs=”unbounded” />

++++++++
Steve Graham
(919)254-0615 (T/L 444)
STSM, On Demand Architecture
Member, IBM Academy of Technology
<Soli Deo Gloria/>
++++++++

"Sedukhin, Igor S" <Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com>

07/12/2004 01:37 PM

        To:        <wsn@lists.oasis-open.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        [wsn] Closing the WSN2.21

I'm fine with the clarification as in http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsn/download.php/7381/clarifying%20resource%20properties%20declarations%20in%20ws-basen.doc

In principle, two schema sniplets could be folded into one XML pseudo markup of an instance. In that case schema is implied, but implementers are free to do the ref or inline the XML element declaration.

E.g.
In the specification document it may be said:

The resource property document MUST contain the following elements.

<wsnt:Topics/>*

<wsnt:FixedTopicSet/>

<wsnt:TopicExpressionDialects/>*

This way in the actual WSDL, in the property document schema declaration, when this spec is implemented I could have either

<xs:element targetNamespace="...WSN…" name="Topics" type=”wsnt:TopicExpressionType” minOccurs=”0” maxOccurs=”unbounded” />

Or
<xs:element ref="wsnt:Topics" minOccurs=”0” maxOccurs=”unbounded” />

Note that either one is correct, implementation-wise.

Anyway that is just a cleanup. This is up to the editors.

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (igor.sedukhin@ca.com)
--
(631) 342-4325 .. 1 CA Plaza, Islandia, NY 11788