wsn message

Subject: RE: [wsn] Policies, capabilities, negotiation etc. + some discuss ion of 1-of-N

-----Original Message-----
From: David Hull [mailto:dmh@tibco.com]
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 11:20 AM
To: Lily Liu
Cc: wsn@lists.oasis-open.org

Lily Liu wrote:
I guess we do agree on the queuing pattern. :-)  Calling the queuing conduit a consumer gave me an impression that the message distribution from the queue was left out to applications behind the consumer and ordinary pub/sub would be sufficient to cover all messaging.
I think we're converging.  I didn't mean that an ordinary consumer would be responsible for distributing messages from a queue.  I had a scenario more like brokering in mind, where the distributor plays the role of a consumer from the point of view of the NotificationProducer.

Agreed. Interestingly, that's exactly my use case too. It will be great if we can model this case the same way as other delivery patterns.  My point is whether such a distributor or queuing pattern is used should not be totally transparent at the WSN level.

Lily