wsn message

Subject: Re: [wsn] Open issues concerning ordering and interleaving.

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 11:55 -0500, David Hull wrote:
> For simplicity, assume there are only two topics in the world, topic A
> and topic B, and that a topic expression may specify any combination
> of them.  Events are generated in a given order, and we should at
> least guarantee that, for a given topic, the NP submits events for
> delivery in the order in which they were generated.

Are you saying we should make that guarantee in BaseNotification? I
don't think we should. You can for example easily have a scenario where
a event occurs on a topic but the policy is such that notification
messages are only sent at fixed intervals.

/Sam

--
Sam Meder <meder@mcs.anl.gov>
The Globus Alliance - University of Chicago