wsn message

Subject: Verification AI82

Verification was done against BaseN 01j
Verification was done against Topics 01a (from 9/2004????)
Verification was done against BrokerN 01f

>Section 3. Terminology and Concepts -> various specs
>- Situation, NotificationMessage, Notification, NotificationProducer,
NotificationConsumer, Subscription, SubscriptionManager, Subscriber
> WS-BaseN

   Observation: NotificationMessage from whitepaper morphed into
   Notification (I think this is correct)
   Observation: Subscription is different from whitepaper but is in line
   with Issue 2.23 resolution (I think it is correct)
   Observation: SubscriptionManager is different from whitepaper but is in
   line with issue 2.23 resolution ( I think it is correct)

   Verified: All other terminology copied from whitepaper is the same

>- Topic, TopicSpace, TopicTree -> WS-Topics

   Issue: No terminology defined in Topics for Topic, TopicSpace, TopicTree

>- NotificationBroker, Publisher, PublisherRegistration,
PublisherRegistrationManager, Demand-BasedPublisher -> WS-BrokeredN

   Issue: BaseN morphed NotificationMessage term into Notification.
      Publisher term refers to NotificationMessage.  Need to change
      NotificationMessage to Notification or change BaseN from Notification
      to NotificationMessage
      NotificationBroker term refers to NotificationMessage.

   Observation: PublisherRegistration different from whitepaper.  Change in
      line with Issue 2.23 resolution.
   Observation: PublisherRegistrationManager changed in line with Issue
      2.23 resolution.

   Issue:  PublisherRegistration and PublisherRegistrationManager may be
      inconsistent
   PublisherRegistration says:
      PublisherRegistration resources are manipulated by messages sent to a
PublisherRegistrationManager Web service.
   PublisherRegistrationManager says:
      A publisher registration resource can be manipulated through
PublisherRegistrationManager message exchanges.

   Nit: Demand-BasedPublisher use of contraction "doesn't" should be "does
   not"

> Section 5. Security Considerations -> WS-BaseN and WS-BrokeredN (with a
little wordsmithing to tailor to each spec).

   BaseN
      Verified: Security considerations from whitepaper (with some
      wordsmithing) has been integrated
   BrokerN
      Verified: Security considerations from whitepaper (with some
      wordsmithing) has been integrated

Frey’s Law: “Every 5 years the number of architecture components double and
the ability to comprehend them halves”

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when
there is nothing left to take away.   – Antoine de Saint-Exupery

T o m   M a g u i r e

STSM, On Demand Architecture

Poughkeepsie, NY  12601