wsn message

Subject: Re: [wsn] Issue Verification BaseN 1.0j Issue 2.46: Should UseNotify be apolicy utterance

To clarify David's comment, SubscriptionPolicy is declared - in both drafts
j and k - as follows:

        <xsd:element name="SubscriptionPolicy"
                         minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1">
              <xsd:complexType>
                <xsd:sequence>
                  <xsd:any namespace="##any" processContents="lax"
                           minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
                </xsd:sequence>
              </xsd:complexType>
            </xsd:element>

This is a change from draft f (where it was xsd:anytype) and I believe it
is in accordance with the principle agreed to on the conference call
mentioned by Bryan.

We have also discussed the fact that this schema type validates
<wsnt:SubscriptionPolicy><wsnt:useRaw/><wsnt:useRaw/></wsnt:SubscriptionPolicy>
 despite the fact that the text says that useRaw must not occurred more
than once and have agreed that this is acceptable.

So I think that this issue has been actioned correctly.

Peter Niblett

             David Hull
             <dmh@tibco.com>
             28/06/2005 22:25          "Murray, Bryan P."
                                       <bryan.murray@hp.com>
                                                                        cc
                                       Tom Maguire <tmaguire@us.ibm.com>,
                                       wsn@lists.oasis-open.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [wsn] Issue Verification BaseN
                                       1.0j Issue 2.46: Should UseNotify
                                       be a policy utterance

I should have re-read this discussion before sending out that last.
I've added this change.

Murray, Bryan P. wrote:

>Agreed - I meant to mention that we still need to switch the type of
SubscriptionPolicy from xs:anyType to:

><xs:element name="SubscriptionPolicy">
>  <xs:complexType>
>    <xs:sequence>
>      <s:any minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" processContents="lax"/>
>    </xs:sequence>
>  </xs:complexType>
></xs:element>
>
>Bryan

xsd:any.  Specifically, xsd:anyType allows for 'anything' totally
unconstrained content. xsd:any on the other hand must be element form.

>Tom
>
>Frey's Law: "Every 5 years the number of architecture components double
and the ability to comprehend them halves"

>Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when
there is nothing left to take away.   - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

>T o m   M a g u i r e
>

>STSM, On Demand Architecture
>

>Poughkeepsie, NY  12601
>

>             "Murray, Bryan

>             P."

>             <bryan.murray@hp.                                          To

>             com>                      Tom Maguire/Hawthorne/IBM@IBMUS,

>                                       <wsn@lists.oasis-open.org>

>             06/27/2005 10:04                                           cc

>             PM

>                                                                   Subject

>                                       RE: [wsn] Issue Verification BaseN

>                                       1.0j Issue 2.46: Should UseNotify

>                                       be a policy utterance

>Tom,
>
>We have a few places where the text documents optional elements x, y, z,
or xs:any. The TC decided on a phone conference sometime within the last
couple of months that when we document the text with choices of optional
elements for human readability where one of the choices is xs:any, that the
schema would be specified using only the xs:any. The GEDs for the other
choices still need to be defined so they can be referenced, but the schema
only needs to say xs:any - the other optional elements do not add any
additional information. See FilterType as another example.

>Bryan

define a new  subscription policy  <UseRaw>  as an optional child of the
<SubscriptionPolicy> element.  The baseline behavior (in absence of the
<UseRaw> policy element in the SubscribeRequest message) is to use the
Notify wrapper.

>Normative prose correct
>
>Issue schema line 1705 does not match the choice of wsnt:UseRaw or xsd:any
as child sequence of SubscriptionPolicy