wsn message

Subject: NEW ISSUE: CreatePullPoint is optional in both BaseN and Brokered,but in different ways.

In BaseN, we just define port types in WSDL, and in the text we present CreatePullPoint with PullPoint, separate from NotificationProducer.

In Brokered, we say that "The NotificationBroker MUST support the CreatePullPoint interface [shouldn't that be "operation"?]." but then go on to say that CreatePullPoint is not to support pull points, in which case it must return a PullNotificationNotSupported fault.

These both have the effect of making CreatePullPoint optional, but BaseN is, if you will, statically typed while Brokered is dynamic.

Being a BaseN person, I would of course prefer that any changes aimed at harmonizing these two be made in Brokered :-).  On the other hand, if there's a good reason that Brokered should require brokers to support CreatePullPoint even if it may be disabled by faults, then no change is needed at all.