wsn message

Subject: WSA Namespace policy

This came up on the concall today without my prompting.  Apparently we're not the only people wondering.

The gist of the policy is: "After a document has been published as a Candidate Recommendation, the namespace IRIs will be updated only if changes made to the document are significant and impact the implementation of the specification."  It's up to the Working Group to decide what constitutes a significant change, but obviously the WG will make an effort to avoid such.  Since the WSA core is now in CR, we can expect the namespace to be stable except if it isn't.

For further information, see Hugo Haas's draft at http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/5/08/29-ns-policy.html.  Note that "This document is an editors' copy that has no official standing."  This is fortunate; in it the paragraph quoted above reads "... are not significant and do not impact the implementation ...," which  is the precise opposite of what it is meant to say.

Someone on the concall caught that one.  It may well be tidied by the time you read this.