wsn message

Subject: Strawman for 2.58

Attached is a strawman draft for resolution of 2.58 (PullPoint lifecycle issues), building on the draft I sent earlier today.  I believe I have covered all the requirements in the following text, to be appended to the last paragraph in the introductory material for section 5.1:

If the PullPoint supports the scheduled termination interface, the initial termination time is set by the factory that creates it.  This termination time may be queried and set via the standard WS-ResourceLifetime message exchanges.  A PullPoint which is also a WS-Resource may be explicitly destroyed in the same way as any other WS-Resource.  In addition, any PullPoint may be destroyed explicitly through the DestroyPullPoint message exchange, or (as with any other kind of consumer) may be destroyed spontaneously by the PullPoint implementation itself.

A PullPoint which has been destroyed will no longer accept the GetMessages message exchange and so will no longer be useful as a consumer of Notifications.  PullPoints SHOULD NOT be destroyed explicitly if subscriptions involving them still exist, and subscriptions involving PullPoints which have been destroyed SHOULD themselves be destroyed.

wsn-ws-base_notification-1.3-spec-pr-01-1-13-Sep-Strawman.doc