wsn message

Subject: Minutes of today's call (09 Oct 06)

All,

Minutes of today's conf call as follows.
Cheers,

Matt

Matt Roberts
IBM WebSphere Messaging Design and Development
Hursley Park, England. +44 1962 815444
matt.roberts@uk.ibm.com
MP 211 / DE3H22

* Roll Call
8/14 voting members - 56% (quorate)

* Assign Scribe
Matt Roberts volunteered to take notes.

* Approval of minutes from 25 Sept [1]
Cannot approve previous minutes as we are not quorate

* Result of WS-Notification standardisation ballot [2]
Base, Brokered and Topics specs are all now approved (see [2])
Sufficient votes were obtained to enable the specs to be ratified as OASIS standards
Peter has posted updated versions of the ratified wording of the specs for publication.

* Standardisation Press release = see email [3]

Press release will probably go out this week, and will have general preamble about the spec, and then the opportunity for contributing companies to supply quotes if they wish.
The deadline for quotes is today.
The deadline for having the name of your company removed (if you wish) is probably tomorrow.

* Discussion of next steps for the TC, in particular what we wish to do about the Primer and Policy Specifications.
Note that both documents are listed as deliverables in the TC's charter [4]
Peter to send out an email stating that we will use the call next fortnight to determine what will happen to the WSN TC, so that everyone has a sufficient opportunity to make the time to attend.

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsn/download.php/20621/Minutes%2025%20Sep%202006.htm
[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=1111
[3] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsn/email/archives/200610/msg00003.html
[4] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wsn/charter.php