wsqm message

Subject: RE: [wsqm] WS Quality Definition

Dr. Kim

+1

The definition of Web Service Quality should be limited on non-functional properties (or attributes?) of Web Services as we discussed in the beginning. If we were to include functional properties as well as non-functional properties, then whole properties of Web Services would be considered for Web Service Quality thus, making it difficulty to define because focus is too broad. (functional + non-functional = whole, thus too broad)

In result, the definition of Web Service Quality would be the initially defined one, ¡®A set of non-functional attributes of Web Services¡¯ I guess now we are back to where we started this discussion. =)

Jiyong Pyon

From: Eunju Kim [mailto:outframe@nca.or.kr]
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 1:39 PM
To: wsqm@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [wsqm] WS Quality Definition

I've found a paper mentioned the concept of Web Service Quality as follows:

[Omer F. Rana, Asif Akram, Quality of Service Based Grid Communities, Extending Web Services Technology, 2005]

--------------------

An alternative set relate to the non-functional properties such as performance, trust/reputation and cost(for instance). Often such non-functional properties are ignored, even though they may be significant in choosing and discovering a peer.

--------------------

In my opinion, Quality of Services is regarded as a non-functional aspects of a web services, generally.

So, how about to confirm our definition about it as a non-functional properties?

Regards,

Eunju Kim

   Eunju Kim, Ph. D.

   Department of IT Standardization
   National Computerization Agency
   Chair - OASIS Web Services Quality Model Technical Committee
   Tel: +82-2-2131-0447