wsrf-chair message

Subject: David De Roure Requests Membership in OASIS WebServices Resource Framework (WSRF) TC

David De Roure of University of Southampton wishes to join OASIS Web Services Resource Framework (WSRF) TC. He or she is eligible for membership based on membership rules for this group.

Please visit http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrf/manage/pending_request.php to evaluate this request and to see all of the other pending requests to join this group.

Additional information entered by David De Roure in support of his/her application:

I have been closely involved with the adoption of Web Services for the Grid projects in the UK e-Science programme, including the Open Middleware Infrastructure Institute which is producing Web Services based Grid middleware distributions (and for which I am one of the two grantholders).  My background is in distributed systems and I work mainly in applied computer science.  I lead the Semantic Grid initiative (www.semanticgrid.org) which started in 2001, advocating a web services approach, and is now looking closely at Semantic Web Services.  I am a W3C Advisory Committee member.  I was involved with the W3C Web Ontology Working Group and recently, with several others, submitted the OWL-S proposed standard for Semantic Web Services to W3C. I am also a steering group member for the Global Grid Forum and therefore have a keen interest in OGSA.

--
Thank you,

The Group Messenger Service