Subject: Re: [wsrf] Discussion regarding issue 48

On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 15:55, Steve Graham wrote:
> Interesting.
>
> So, lets say I have the following resource property definition:
>
> <xs:schema ... targetNamespace="foo" ... xmlns:foo="foo" >
>   <xs:element name="bar" type="xs:String" nillable="true"/>
>
>   <xs:element name="RPDocDecl">
>     <xs:sequence>
>       <xs:element ref="bar" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
>     </xs:sequence>
>   </xs:element>
> </xs:schema>
>
> I have a WS-Resource defined on a portType that references
> foo:RPDocDecl as its resource properties document schema, and this
> particular WS-Resource has only one element value of "bar" that is
> nil. That is, a serialization of the resource property document could
> appear as:
>
> <foo:RPDocDecl>
>   <foo:bar xsi:nil="true" />
> </foo:RPDocDecl>
>
> So, if a requestor issued the following GetResource Properties
> request:
>
>   <wsrp:GetResourceProperty>
>     foo:bar
>   </wsrp:GetResourceProperty>
>
> I would expect:
>
>   <wsrp:GetResourcePropertyResponse>
>     <foo:bar xsi:nil="true" />
>   </wsrp:GetResourcePropertyResponse>
>
> Now a couple of other "variants":
>
> There are several values of bar, that is the resource properties
> document looks like:
> <foo:RPDocDecl>
>   <foo:bar xsi:nil="true" />
>   <foo:bar>someString</foo:bar>
> </foo:RPDocDecl>
>
> I would expect the getResourceProperties response to look like:
>
>   <wsrp:GetResourcePropertyResponse>
>     <foo:bar xsi:nil="true" />
>     <foo:bar>someString</foo:bar>
>   </wsrp:GetResourcePropertyResponse>
>
> and if there are no values for foo:bar, that is the resource
> properties document looks like:
> <foo:RPDocDecl>
> </foo:RPDocDecl>
>
> I would expect the getResourceProperties response to look like:
>
>   <wsrp:GetResourcePropertyResponse>
>   </wsrp:GetResourcePropertyResponse>
>
> What aspect of the scenario am I missing that suggests the invention
> of some conventional element like "nillablerp"?

My nillablerp is equivalent to your foo:bar. I did not mean to imply a
convention, I was just using the name to indicate that it represents a
nillable rp.

In any case, for maxOccurs=0 do we return a empty reply in the case of
this RP document:

<foo:RPDocDecl>
  <foo:bar xsi:nil="true" />
</foo:RPDocDecl>