Subject: RE: [wsrf] Groups - DerivedFrom portType extension.doc uploaded

Hi Steve,

Why not put in the "derivedFrom" attribute the Qnames of all the
portTypes with which this portType is compliant (i.e. the content of the
{extendedPortType} property that you define as the transitive closure of
all portTypes with which this portType is compliant).

For example, if my program is written to know what to do with
implementations of the portType foo:bar, with your current proposal I
Can't just look at the Qname of a portType and at the Qnames in its
"derivedFrom" attribute to know whether or not I can invoke the service.
I need to retrieve the portType definition for each of the portTypes in
the "derivedFrom" attribute and recursively introspect what is in their
"derivedFrom" until I put together a list of "atomic" portTypes (those
that don't derive from anything). And this is true for every consumer.
We can simplify this task a lot by providing a complete list of
"complied-to" portTypes in "derivedFrom".

Regards,

William

-----Original Message-----
From: sggraham@us.ibm.com [mailto:sggraham@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 7:16 AM
To: wsrf@lists.oasis-open.org

The document DerivedFrom portType extension.doc has been submitted by
Stephen Graham (sggraham@us.ibm.com) to the OASIS Web Services Resource
Framework TC document repository.

Document Description:
Per Action Item I took on Aug 23 telecon, this document is a proposed
resolution to issue WSRF1.

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrf/download.php/9079/Deri
vedFrom%20portType%20extension.doc

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrf/document.php?document_
id=9079

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able
to copy and paste the entire link address into the address field of your
web browser.