Subject: RE: [wsrf] new issue request: PutResourcePropertiesDocument

Igor,

Won't all MuWS services have at least one RO prop - muws-xs:ResourceId ?
Then there are all of the optional portTypes from WS-RF, WS-N, and MuWS,
many of which define required RO props.

I don't like PutResourcePropertiesDocument for the following reasons:

1) I think the RP doc would typically be initialized on the provider
side, not by the consumer.
2) In the rare case where a consumer wants to update the entire
document, they could do so via
   a single SetResourceProperties request that contains an Update
subelement for each non-RO prop.
3) The definition below is so loose that the consumer can't predict how
a provider will interpret
   PutResourcePropertiesDocument requests.

Ian
________________________________

	From: Sedukhin, Igor S [mailto:Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com]
	Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 2:49 PM
	To: Springer, Ian P.; wsrf@lists.oasis-open.org
	Subject: RE: [wsrf] new issue request:
PutResourcePropertiesDocument

	We've actually discussed this on the call. The validity of put
request MUST conform to schema and the rest is application specifics.
That is if the provider decided to expose this functionality it will
	a) return fault when detecting changes to RO properties
	b) will not make changes to RO properties and return the
document in the response
	Eiher way, if the provider decides it wants to deal with this or
not. That is, normally one would not have any RO properties if indending
to expose this operation.

	-- Igor Sedukhin .. (igor.sedukhin@ca.com)