Subject: Re: [wsrf] Issue: ServiceGroupEntry as a WS-Resource is too Heavyweight.

Umit,

On 25 Mar 2005, at 19:52, Yalcinalp, Umit wrote:

>> 2) The add operation will need to return a 'key' (URI?) that has the
>> adequate properties that would allow a client to remove the entry. We
>> will also need to include a remove operation to replace destruction of
>> the ServiceGroupEntry.
>
> <umit> Can you clarify how the add operation will determine the value
> of
> this key and whether an existing key will be returned if the Entry
> already exists? I am wondering whether there is the EPR equality
> question that may be lurking there on behalf of ServiceGroup to provide
> the mapping to a key value and what that might be.
> </umit>

The method for creating the (effectively opaque) key is implementation
specific. The spec would only provide the one-to-one relationship to
entries.

Adding a member twice will create to two distinct entries both
referencing the member with unique keys. In mathematics speak, "The SG
is a 'bag' of members and a 'set' of entries."

I didn't mention the possibility that using EPR's for identity went
against the current thinking in W3C, but you are right. This would be
another motivation to dropping this use of the EPR.

--

Take care:

     Dr. David Snelling < David . Snelling . UK . Fujitsu . com >
     Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe
     Hayes Park Central
     Hayes End Road
     Hayes, Middlesex  UB4 8FE