Subject: RE: [wsrf] Possible Issue with Base faults and/or other specs

This is a good point. I've been meaning to raise it myself. Even if the
specs don't mandate how to handle "other" errors  (unclassified client
errors or internal server errors), I think they should at least
recommend something.

Here are a few possibilities:

1) return a generic wsbf:BaseFault; if it is a client error, include a
clear description of what was wrong with the client request in the
optional wsbf:Description element
2) return a generic wsbf:BaseFault indicating whether it is a client or
a server error via some predefined values for the optional
wsbf:ErrorCode element (e.g. wsbf:Sender and wsbf:Receiver)
3) return a generic wsbf:BaseFault indicating whether it is a client or
a server error by setting the SOAP fault code to either soapenv12:Sender
or soapenv12:Receiver
4) define two standard extensions of wsbf:BaseFaultType, one that
indicates a client error (e.g. wsbf:SenderCausedBaseFault) and one that
indicates a server error (e.g. wsbf:ReceiverCausedBaseFault), and return
one of those
5) some combination of the above

In the Apache implementation of WSRF, we currently do #1.

Ian