Subject: RE: [wsrf] Proposed resolution to issue 127

Hi Ian,

In section 2.3 of your proposed modified WS-Resource doc, what does the
second bullet add that the first one doesn't already say?

First bullet:
A reference to a WS-Resource is represented by an endpoint reference, or
more precisely an XML element whose type is, or is derived (by
extension) from the complexType named EndpointReferenceType defined by
the [WS-Addressing] specification.

Second bullet:
An identifier of the resource MUST be represented in any reference to a
WS-Resource. and MUST appear as part of any message to a WS-Resource to
allow the WS-Resource to disambiguate the resource targeted by the
message. The precise location of the resource identifier in a message to
a WS-Resource is dependent on the protocol binding used to interact with
the WS-Resource endpoint but is normatively defined in the appropriate
WS-Addressing binding specification. For example, [WSA - SOAP] defines
the binding of message addressing properties for the SOAP protocol.

Also, at the end of that same section, shouldn't "for a given resource
identifier there may be many references" be "for a given resource there
may be many references"?

Regards,

William