Subject: Submitting committee specs for consideration as OASIS standard

Hello folks. Thanks to all the voting members for the 100% turn-out in the
recent Committee Spec ballot. The TC now has 5 approved committee specs.
Thanks also to the whole TC for all the hard work it has taken to get this
far.

As a courtesy to those folks who were unable to make the call this week, I
thought it worthwhile to draw attention to our decision to hold a TC ballot
to submit these specs for consideration as an OASIS standard. I have asked
Jamie to start the ballot and hope it will be available in the next few
days. I hope we get another 100% turn-out and I hope we all vote to
proceed. The minutes [1] record the discussion we had on this as well as
the discussion over whether to hold 1 vote or 5 votes (1 per spec). In the
end we decided that we would be dazed and confused if we voted yes on some
specs and no on others and so we will just have the 1 vote. If the vote
succeeds, the OASIS Admin will distribute the committee specs to the OASIS
membership for consideration on March 1st (assuming we produce the required
supporting material before Feb 15th).

To complicate matters ever so slightly, Tom Rutt spotted this week that
there is a bug in the approved ResourceProperties committee spec in the
namespace table in section 1.3, where the wsnt: prefix is mapped to
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsn/t-1 instead of
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsn/b-2. The wsnt: prefix is used in the
document in the qname wsnt:TopicExpression; the TopicExpression element is
defined in the http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsn/b-2 namespace.
To remedy this problem, an editorial fix is required to the
ResourceProperties spec.

Since no changes are allowed to a committee spec (other than title page
status related) after it has been approved, the TC needs to approve a new
draft of the WSRF-RP spec with the fix to the namespace table. For this
reason, the TC vote that I have requested will ask the TC to approve a new
ResourceProperties committee spec and then to approve advancing the 5
committee specs for consideration as OASIS standards.

Ian

[1]
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrf/download.php/16159/WSRF%20TC%20%5B9Jan06%5D%20notes%5B3%5D.pdf