Subject: Action item to review updates to RMD

Hi Dan,

I had an action item to review some specific updates as a result of issue
resolution (see below), but I took a look at the whole spec anyway.  The
marked-up version is here:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrf/download.php/16397/wsrf-ws_resource_metadata_descriptor-1.0-spec-wd-06%5Btb%20comments%5D.doc

Re issue 118: The text at lines 646-658 in [1] doesn't explain how to do
the copy/paste in the context of the Identification and Operatign Systems
portTypes illustrated in theRMD spec.  Specifically, two things:
First,  how does one merge the elements:
(from http://example.com/ns/OperatingSystem)
                        <Property path=”id:ResourceType”>
              <ValidValues>
                <id:ResourceType>OperatingSystem</id:ResourceType>
                <id:ResourceType>SuSELinux</id:ResourceType>
                <id:ResourceType>IBMzOS</id:ResourceType>
                <id:ResourceType>MicrosoftWindows_XP</id:ResourceType>
              </ValidValues>
            </Property>

and (from http://example.com/ns/Identification)
       <Property path=”id:ResourceID”
               mutability=”constant”
               modifiability=”read-only” />

to  achieve the augmentation described in line 368 of [2] What happens in
the general case & would happen if the merge entailed conflicting
attributes?

In any, case, I think the example of OperatingSystem (line 331 of the wd-06
spec) should show the merged version.  There was a discussion of similar
concerns in issue 120, but this effect seems to have been overlooked.

Second, we should say what happens to the interface attribute of the merged
MetadataDescriptors.

Also, the UML in figure 2 needs to be corrected in respect of the
cardinality of the constrains/describes  relationship.  It differes from
figure 1, which seems to me to be correct in that only one <Property> can
describe each ResourceProperty.   Should this rule be enforced in the
schema?

119: This seems to me not to have been implemented.   The minutes from June
27th say "rename metadataDescriptor to resourcePropertyMetadataDescriptor"
but section 7 retains the old name.
155: Ok.
163:  The schema in the appendix is Ok, but the separate file at [3] seems
not to contain any schema...