Subject: RE: [wsrm] article comparing ws-reliability and ws-reliable messaging

The incompatibility issue makes sense with some more context around it.

The author is trying to say that both the specs address the same problem using a very similar solution, but the solutions will be incompatible, since they differ in syntax (which is key to interoperability!).

I am not saying I agree with all that the author said, but this one issue certainly makes sense to me. Why invent two different kinds of terminology, syntax, etc, when everything else is about same!

Here is the full para from the article:-

The two specifications address the same issue of how to ensure delivery of messages from one web service to another, including the different levels of service ranging from 'at most once' to 'exactly once and in order'. However in their detail of how to do this, the terminology used and the schemas, required they are totally incompatible.

Sanjay Patil
Distinguished Engineer
sanjay.patil@iona.com
IONA Technologies