Subject: Assumptions of the Transport Protocol Layer

At the last WSRM TC meeting we initiated discussion on the assumptions
the requirements should make on the Transport Protocol capabilities.

It was stated that the Co-sponsors assumed TCP under HTTP.

There were some statements that TCP connections give flow control, and
sequencing capabilties already.

However, we need to address reliability at the app to app level.

Even if the http layer implements use of Persistent TCP connections,
the sending app does not know if the receiving app received the message
successfuly, when the TCP layer signals a connection failure.

Another concern is that the WS-RM sender may use more than one TCP
connection for its  outgoing message sequences.   Thus, when sequences
of sent messages span multiple transport connections, the messages can
arrive out of sequence, or succeeding on one message while failing on a
subsequent message.