Subject: Re: [wsrm] Re: UUID [was: Oracle's Requirements/Issues list]

<Quote>
web search by these keywords "3400 A.D. uuid urn"
</Quote>

Hmmm....I guess it all depends on whether or not we think our standard
will still be in use about 1400 years from now.

:)

Nikola wrote:

> <SK>
> Could you then enlighten me with an errorprone-less GUID generator logic
> without a case where clients don't talk a centralized server? Yes, it's
> RFC2822 mandated MessageId, but still to me it is a complex (& nasty :))
> one. Especially in a "reliable" spec., don't you want to be 100% sure that
> the Id is indeed "globally" unique.
> </SK>
>
> I cannot see how != 100% relates to "nasty". Anyway, web search by these
> keywords "3400 A.D. uuid urn" might give you some interesting results. Or,
> you can check references in ebXML Registry specs.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Nikola
begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano