Subject: Re: [wsrm] Persistence requirement in the WS-RM specification

 I'd like to remind everyone that we are dealing with WS-ReliableMessaging
 and NOT WS-Reliability. Solving all the Crash Tolerant/Fault Tolerant
 issues is just out-of-scope and will delay our deliverables. ebXML tried
 to solve all the problems (as my friend said once ebXML tried to solve
 the world hunger problem) and became complex enough to make it
 unusable. We shouldn't go the same track.

 We should define the baseline in this version. If needed, we can have another
 version.

 We should tie reliability to existence of persistence storage. However, I do
 acknowledge Scott's concern. For that we need to define ways/levels of
 message persistence, such as:
    i) Always persist the message
   ii) Persist until TTL expires
   iii) Persist until Ack is sent or msg is consumed etc...

 I believe this approach is better & simpler than "levels of persistence".

 Vendors can always extend or have optimization features which they
 can document in their manuals. Spec. shouldn't ALL the options.

 Simpler is better.