Subject: RE: [WS-RM & WSDL] Task Force Discussions

Sunil,

Thanks for comments.  I have now read through all the posted messages
related to WSDL.  I've come to these conclusions as far as the
implementation of WSRM that I'm working on for my book:

(1) Use the "minimal impact" approach described in Scott Werden's latest
post.  This is (I think) consistent with your philosphy - leave WSRM MEP
information out of the WSDL.  I.e., do not use <soap:header ...> within
the WSDL bindings.
(2) Implement WSRM sender and receiver layers as SOAP Handlers.  Since
my implementation is in Java, I'm going to try doing this using the
JAX-RPC framework.  Any suggestions are more than welcome!  I'll let you
know how it works out.

I like your concept for the annotation of the WSDL using
<wsdl:documentation>.  I think maybe we should limit the annotation to
those parameters that define the boundaries of the service's WSRM
support.  For example, it is useful to have an annotation for
</ack-pattern> to tell the user what acknowledgement MEPs are supported
by the service.  However, I don't see why we would want to annotate
things like <wsrm:retry-count> that do not describe properties (or
limitations) of the WSRM support provided by the service.      An RM
processor is agnostic regarding the retry-count.  It is totally up to
the user of the service to decide how many retries to use isn't it?  I
guess that annotations like <wsrm:retry-count> could be used as "hints"
for code generation tools, but I think we are better off avoiding
"hints" for parameters where the service is agnostic.

-- Mark