Subject: Results of wsrm-comment test

It seems most, if not all, members of the TC are subscribed to the
wsrm-comment list at the moment.  A number of respondents specifically
mentioned they had *not* explicitly subscribed to the second list.  I do
not believe I received any responses from people not on the main TC list
though the old OASIS subscription page [1] previously allowed anyone to
subscribe to the comments list.  (It now appears that subscription
manager handles only the XML.org mailing lists.)

The original questions about the wsrm-comment list came up in the
context of soliciting outside input on our recently approved
Requirements and Specification working drafts.  Since then, I have
reviewed the updated OASIS process [2] in more detail and noticed the
specific prohibitions against technical discussion on such lists as well
as the possibility of Karl Best sending out notifications of new TC
working drafts (not committee drafts, which are later documents) to all
OASIS members.  I do not think our wsrm-comment list is an appropriate
place for announcements though it remains the best way for the general
public to submit comments on our documents.  We will all see such
comments and can immediately begin discussing them on our main list.

I would suggest we (primarily the editing team but with explicit group
support)
(a) complete the document renaming started near the end of our
face-to-face meeting as a result of one of the group resolutions,
(b) confirm Iwasa and Szabolcs have uploaded document versions that
reflect all decisions made last week,
(c) copy the most recent version of these documents to the
"Specifications" folder to increase their visibility (less clutter...), and
(d) request that Karl send out a notification to the OASIS members that
these documents or the Requirements document alone (I forget the details
of our decisions here) are available and solicit comments.

thanx,
	doug

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/ob/adm.pl
[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.shtml

--
SunNetwork 2003 Conference and Pavilion
"An unparalleled event in network computing! Make the net work for you!"

WHEN:  September 16-18, 2003
WHERE: Moscone Center, San Francisco

For more information or to register for the conference, please visit:
http://www.sun.com/sunnetwork