Subject: Re: [wsrm] [REL-XX]Proposal for POLL RM-Reply Pattern

> At the Redwood City meeting last May we came to general agreement that
> the protocol
> requires persistence to work (e.g, persistence of ids for duplicate
> elimintation, persistence of
> message contents for ordered delivery).  However, some users might we
> willing to accept
> protocol failure under specific circumstances which are agreed witht
> the system supplier (e.g, if the battery is not kept charged on a cell
> phone, it might loose its "persistence" capability).
>
> Thus this preagreed limit for persistence time is subject to user
> contract, since it involves an
> argreement as to what conditions are acceptable for tolerating
> protocol failure.
>
> I hope this helps.

I see. That's fine for tolerating protocol failure. Now, the persistence
is not only for the purpose of reliable protocol only, but also for the
purpose of status query. If I said I support status query, it will be
unreasonable for me to delete the persistence, since the spec doesn't
indicate a deadline which I can delete the persistence after that..

Am I on the right track?

Regards, -Patrick