Subject: Re: [wsrm] R: [wsrm] Rel YY

Sunil Kunisetty wrote:

>Tom Rutt wrote:
>

>>Sunil Kunisetty wrote:
>>

>>>Iwasa,
>>>
>>>I'm bit confused. Could you clarify whether the options you have
>>>mentioned are for ordered or un-ordered case?
>>>
>>>If it is for un-ordered case, their GroupIds will be different,
>>>so you can't club them as you have mentioned in Option 2.
>>>

>>Jacques proposal allows the use of sequence numbers other than zero
>>value for the un ordered case.  His proposal goes back to the input
>>document, which has sequence number and
>>the messageOrder elements as separate things.  Jacques wants to allow
>>groups with more
>>than one member even when ordered delivery is not requested.
>>

> That's fine. The point I was making in that email is simple - we
> don't need Seq No. just for multiple ack case. If there is another
> justified or needed requirement, we could have it, but not boz
> we have to support multiple acks.
>
> -Sunil

I agree with this.

However, if groups with more than one message are allowed in cases
other than ordered deliver, those sequence numbers could be exploited
to make a more efficient multiple ack message.  I think that is what
Iwasa is pointing out.

As Jacques points out, using sequence numbers in groups allows for
efficient algotithms to do duplicate elimination (simplifies the state
representation of which messages have been received)

Tom Rutt
Fujitsu