Subject: Poll Operation

I have expressed concerns that the Poll operation should be expressed as
part of the WSRM protocol using a soap header element.   Doug has stated
a preference to treat the poll operation
as a separate WSDL operation.

I think the question boils down to what we consider as parts of the
contract for the web service instance that the client is accessing.

If one considers the entire description for a particular web service
instance (e.g.,  an Invoice delivery service with a oneway WSDL
operation) to include its ability to use WSRM defined
soap headers and protocol, and if the poll request message part will
never be piggybacked with an invoice message part,  I can see Doug's
point.  In this case, the adversised web
service instance includes the ability to receive the invoice oneway
operation, as well as to
be able to deal with the WSRM soap headers and act in accordance to the
protocol.  So it does not matter if the service description includes the
poll info as a message part bound to the soap body, vs binding it to the
soap header.

However, if the client wants to piggyback the poll request with another
reliable invoice request, the wsdl description might be complicated if
both are
defined as message parts (for the same wsdl operation) bound to the body.
If there is no need for this "Piggybacked poll" use case, then that is
another concern which is removed..

I was concerned about supporting use cases where someone would consider
the invoice oneway
operation as the definitive specification of the web service instance,
with WSRM protocol usage
negotiated in some other agreement, outside of the wsdl spec .  If this
use case
is not in anybody's mind as an alternative, I guess my other concerns do
not apply,