Subject: Re: [wsrm] Rel YY

Tom Rutt wrote:

> Sunil Kunisetty wrote:
>

> >  Jacques,
> >
> >  Oracle will be supporting this proposal. However, I prefer that
> > SequenceNumber
> >  be Optional rather than mandatory as you indicated in (P2). I
> > understand that it will
> >  be difficult for schema validation, but I believe it will be much
> > simpler and efficient
> >  for implementations.
> >
> >  So essentially we should categorize all RM  into 3 different
> > categories based on
> >  the elements used in RM Headers:
> >
> >  1) Grouped and Ordered Messages:          Group Id + Seq No.  +
> > Message Order
> >
> > Same Group Id, Different Seq No.
> >
> >  2) Grouped and Un-Ordered Messages:    Group Id + Seq No.
> >
> > Same Group Id, Different Seq No.
> >
> >  3) Discrete & Independent RM Messages: Group Id
> >
> >  We could then use the SequenceNumber sub-element has the toggle
> > switch to
> >  distinguish Grouped Un-ordered with Discrete & Independent messages.
> >
> We could then use the presence of the SequenceNumber's status attribute
> (an enum with first, more, and last) as the trigger for ordered delivery
> of the sequenced group.

 You mean instead of the proposed MessageOrder element in Request ( I guess
 that's what you meant below by saying rm-orderRequested).

 I prefer MessageOrder (or what ever is the name) sub-element as the
 triggering mechanism rather than the value of some attribute or sub-element
 to distinguish the category.

 Infact, that's the reason I preferred SequenceNumber as optional  and non
 existence of SequenceNumber to distinguish as an independent message
 rather than having it and value be 0.

> Thus the sequence Number would be optional with an optional status
> attribute.
>
> This does not change our existing syntax, only the semantics.

 Yes, it will change the syntax, but it won't be that complex. Infact, we used
 to have it (MessageOrder) before.