Subject: Re: [wsrm] Possible Teleconf Vote for CD version.9 on Dec 2

     Just to elaborate, our usual rule is that only approved committee
drafts can be demo'ed at official consortium events.  It's not uncommon for
TCs to vote to approve penultimate, or near-final, works, with the
understanding that it's a beta worthy of wider testing, though not the
final product.  A number (as Tom said, "0.8" or "0.99", etc.) can be used
to indicate that it's not yet the version intended for final public review
and widesperad toolbuilding.
     Regards  Jamie Clark

At 06:09 PM 11/13/2003, Tom Rutt wrote:
>Jamie Clark (OASIS Staff) approached me and asked if we will have a CD by
>the time of the Dec 9 Demo.
>I told him our plans for having a ballot go out on Dec 2, with a close
>after the demo.
>He stated that some people at OASIS might not consider this acceptable.
>He suggested an alternative: we could vote to turn the Document we have
>before us on Dec 2
>as a committe draft version 0.9, with an explicit agreement that it will
>go through another round of revision and a second ballot for CD before the
>public review.
>This way we can post the document out of the Dec 2 meeting as a CD version
>.9 immediately.
>All we need is a 2/3 TC vote.
>What do you all think about this alternative to what we discused at the
>last F2F meeting.

~   James Bryce Clark
~   Manager Tech Stds Dev, OASIS
~   +1 978 667 5115 x 203 central office
~   +1 310 293 6739 direct