Subject: Re: [wsrm] about ExpiryTime as "transport QoS"

Jacques Durand wrote:

> Bob, inline:

I am not sure, since UDP does not have fragmentation and packet reassembly.

If a message which is bigger than the ethernet limit (1.5K octets) is
sent over UDP, it must
be broken up into multiple fragments.  The receiver will have to
reassemble these fragments
and if one is missing it will not be able to.  Also the order of the
received fragments will not
necessarily be preserved.  Thus it might not be possible to reassemble
the packets in the correct
order without a higher level protocol which numbers the packets (such as
TCP does).

Tom Rutt