Subject: List of FAQs for whitepaper

1.    Who is participating in the OASIS WS-RM TC and how often do they meet?

A variety of companies are active in the WS-RM TC.   The members include:  Booz Allen Hamilton, Cyclone Commerce, France Telecom, Fujitsu (3), Hewlett-Packard, Hitachi(3), NEC Corporation, Nokia, Oracle (2),  SAP,  See Beyond, SUN Micro (2), University of Hong Kong.  There are also many observers.    Telecon meetings are held weekly and face to face meetings are held about every two or three months.

2.  When will the WS Reliability spec be completed and what is it based on?

Agreement has been reached in Nov 2003 on an interim draft spec (0.52).  We are expecting to generate a more mature spec after our January 2004 meeting and vote on a committee draft shortly thereafter.  Note that the specs are based on Requirements issues that have been compiled for the committee’s internal use (over 100 requirements have been identified.

An OASIS standard could be approved in the 1st Quarter of 2004, after public review.

3.  Who is participating in this demo of WS Reliability?

Fujitsu, Hitachi, NEC, Oracle, and SUN Micro.

4.  Who will benefit from the completed WS Reliability spec?

WS middleware companies that implement the spec will benefit because it will be universally interoperable.  Initial testing can be done with any company that implements it.  The license to implement the spec is royalty free.

Application program developers will also benefit, as their web based applications will be reliable and robust, operating over WS Reliability middleware.

5.   Who will generate application specific profiles for the WS Reliability spec?

WS-I will most likely develop such profiles.  The WS-I Requirements working group has already discussed doing this upon completion of the spec.

Alan Weissberger
2013 Acacia Ct
Santa Clara, CA 95050-3482
1 408 863 6042 voice