Subject: Re: [wsrm] Discussion of Conformance Points for WS-Reliability

Jacques Durand wrote:

> Tom:
>
> Drawing the line between one conformance level and the next is always
> tricky...
> Maybe we need more "business" input for this.
>
> E.g.: one could argue that base level should include duplicate
> elimination,
> meaning if a Receiver has to support "exactly once" delivery,
> it should not necessarily have to support ordering, as in your "Full"
> option.

I used the simple criteria that if remebering any state is required it
goes in full option.

Duplicate elimination requires state in receiver, that is why I put it
in full.

I guess moving more into simple conformance is one way forwared, which
might be better
than having one more conformance classes.

> Agree that we may need to split conformance requirements
> along the Receiver / Sender line (i.e. a WS may be required to support
> guaranteed
> delivery as a Receiver, but not as a Sender.)
>
> But the RM capability on the sender side should also enter
> in the definition of conformance profiles I think.

I am not sure what difference it would make for interop.  The sender
selects the options
it wants when it populates the request parameters.  If it does not
support a feature, it will
not ask for it in the request.