Subject: Proposal to close Rel 97

*REL-97*

Spec 3.1.1 feature Design Active

*Title:* Group ID lifetime (remove after)

See original mail
<http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/wsrm/200309/msg00105.html>

If we retain sequenceNumber as optional, we need to clarify what the
semantics of removeAfter are for a simple ack only case (i.e.,
sequenceNumber not present). Perhaps it would only pertain if duplicate
elimination is requested (and then it would be the lifetime of memory
for duplication elimination for that message). If we have the case of
duplicateElimination with SequenceNumbers then the removeAfter attribute
is the lifetime for the persistent state required for duplicate
elimination for that group. For duplicate elimination and ordered
delivery the text is probably ok as is.

------

It needs to be stated in the ws-reliability protocol for sequence
behaviour that the same values for the three qos parameters (Guaranteed
Delivery, Duplicate Elimination, and Ordered Delivery) must be sent for
every message in the sequence.

Once this is stated, there is no reason to treat the concept of group
any different for one which is only used for Guaranteed delivery.  If
the sender wishes to provide termination criteria for the group in this
case, there is no harm in having the sender apply these criteria in a
consistent manner.

Thus Issue 97 needs to be closed, after we add the protocol requirement
for all message in a group specifying the same values for the three
Reliable Messaging qos parameters in their header.