Subject: Re: [wsrm] message headers for Ack and Fault ??

Sunil Kunisetty wrote:

>Tom Rutt wrote:
>

>>Sunil Kunisetty wrote:

>>>Yes, that's correct.

>>>I don't think we need a different Header element, a simple optional attribute
>>>would suffice.
>>>

>>A different header syntax for poll would allow returning fault info as
>>well as the ack info.
>>

> But did we even decide on such header? I haven't see any proposal yet.
> I for one prefer the same header/element whether it is response, callback,
> or poll pattern.
>
> I can think of few problems interleaving faults with ack. I'll hold them until
> I see the actual proposal.

This is the essence of the resolution to REL 115 and Rel 108.

The concern is the lowered funtionality of polling response.

here is a pseudo exampl

<Faults>
    <Fault>
          <FaultType>  processingError </FaultType>
           <RefToMessageIDs> ... list of message ids which had that
fault ... </RefToMessageIDs>
     </Fault>
    <Fault>
          <FaultType>  BadHeader </FaultType>
           <RefToMessageIDs> ... list of message ids which had that
fault ... </RefToMessageIDs>
     </Fault>
 </Faults>

The above xml structure can cary a separate list of messageIDs which
were not delivered for a specific set of fault codes.

Its major problem is that it requires keepting fault information in the
persistence of the receiver.

Here it is again.