Subject: Re: [wsrm] adding extensibility to the empy type

 <snip>

> Less importantly and more generally (about the schema as a whole and a long
> standing question I have forgotten to ask), this model puts all extension
> content (new elements) at the beginning of the WSRM elements.  This is
> counter-intuitive though I realise it comes from the use of schema type
> extensions rather than consistent placement of xsd:any at the end of every

 Right.. So either we can redefine the extension tags for every
 extensible  RM element or just define them in a base type and inherit thus implying
 extensions at the top... To my recollect, most WS schemas (WSDL for ex.)  do the latter.
 I was also told that many schema valuators do 'relax' on this particular restriction, i.e,
 they allow the elements to appear any where.  Let me check what XMLSpy does.

> "interesting" complex type.  For example, an extended MessageHeader would
> (today) appear as:
>
>    <wsrm:MessageHeader soap:mustUnderstand="1">
>      <foo:bar letsGoToTheBar="yeah" />
>      <wsrm:MessageId ... />
>      <wsrm:ExpiryTime ... />
>      <wsrm:ReplyPattern ... />
>    </wsrm:MessageHeader>
>
> rather than something that appears extended:
>
>    <wsrm:MessageHeader soap:mustUnderstand="1">
>      <wsrm:MessageId ... />
>      <wsrm:ExpiryTime ... />
>      <wsrm:ReplyPattern ... />
>      <foo:bar letsGoToTheBar="yeah" />
>    </wsrm:MessageHeader>
>
> Should we change our choice here?
>
> This also reminds me of another schema nit: Why is the existing extensible
> type (the one with the required soap:mustUnderstand) named wsrm:RmBaseType,

 Does it really matter as it is not exposed to the User?