Subject: Re: [wsrm] New Clariication Issue on Service enforcement of Reliabiliy agreement

At 11:46 AM 2/24/2004, Sunil Kunisetty wrote:

>Tom Rutt wrote:
>
> > I just realized a new issue for clarification:
> >
> > What is the expected service behavior when the client does not respect
> > the agreemen (i.e, contract) specified for a web service (conveyed
> > through whatever means)?
> >
> > In this case, is it required that the service send a fault OR is it up
> > to the service implementation to decide. This has conformance
> > implications for the service.
> >

>  It should be left to the implementation as we are not mandating the
>  'negotiation'  thingy.

I think refers to what happens at runtime, after the "'negotiation'
thingy", however that occurs, has taken place. I.e. the client and the
server have in some fashion (could be hard-coded, telephone exchange, some
negotiation protocol exchange, etc.) and now one of them is breaking the
contract.

cheers,
   jeff

> > Example:
> >    a service that requires the use of callback (as specified in the
> > service contract) receives a message that uses another mechanism for
> > reply,    can the service still process the message OR it it required to
> > fault?
> >
> > --
> of the OASIS TC), go to
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/members/leave_workgroup.php.
>

>To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster of
>the OASIS TC), go to
>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/members/leave_workgroup.php.

Jeff Mischkinsky                      jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com
Consulting Member Technical Staff     +1(650)506-1975
Director, Web Services Standards      500 Oracle Parkway M/S 4OP9
Oracle Corporation                    Redwood Shores, CA 94065