Subject: Full agenda for TC meeting 3/02/04

attached is the full agenda with references to the emails involved.

Title: Draft Agenda to WSRM TC Conference Call – May 06, 2003

Full Agenda WSRM TC Conference Call – Mar 02, 2004

The meeting of the WSRM TC took place by teleconference
Tuesday Feb 24 2004, from 5:30 to 6:45 PM Eastern Standard Time
(UTC - 5)

Conference call Dial-in number : Toll number (only): 1-512-225-3050 Participant code: 89772

0         Draft Agenda:

Draft Agenda to WSRM TC Conference Call

1 Roll Call

2 Minutes Discussion

2.1 Appointment of Minute Taker

2.2 Approval of previous meeting minutes –

3 Discussion of New Orleans Meeting and Conference papers

4 Discussions of Issues

5 Discussion of Editorial Comments

6 Discussion of Document Progression

??? approved

1         Roll Call

Attendance:

 Meeting ?? quorate.

2         Minutes Discussion

2.1      Appointment of Minute Taker

Tom Rutt will take minutes.

??? will serve to record issue resolutions.

2.2      Approval of previous meeting minutes

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/5702/MinutesWSRMTC022404.htm

xx  moved to accept the Feb 24 minutes. yy  seconded.

?? opposition, 2/24  minutes ??approved.

3         Discussion of New Orleans Meeting and Conference

Tom stated he told the OASIS staff that we wanted to meet all day Wednesday, and Thursday morning for our F2F.  This has been verified.

4         Discussion of Issues

Issues which were already resolved:

Old resolve issues: Rel 105, 106

On 2/17 we resolved Rel 102

Last week we resolved issues Rel 108, 115, 114, 116,

4.1      Issue 49 WSDL Annotation

.

4.2      Rel 117 Soap fault for missing reliability features in request

I propose we close this by adding the following to the paragraph on Soap Faults:

“For a WSDL request/response operation request, if the receiver does not want to invoke the service since a required ws-reliabiliy feature is not requested, then it MUST generate a soap server fault.  In this case, the fault detail SHOULD indicate that a required reliability feature was not requested.”

4.3      Rel 118 Clarification Issue on Service enforcement of agreement

4.4      Rel 119 Sunil new Issue on Callback for Poll Request

  • New Issue
    From Sunil Kunisetty <Sunil.Kunisetty@oracle.com> on
    24 Feb 2004 00:50:10 -0000

New mail from Sunil:

If we do accept this, here are the  changes that we need to do.

   1. Add an optional replyTo attribute to PollRequest

   2. pg 6/line 177: Remove the replyTo attribute for Poll pattern in Request  (this may contradict to what I said in the editorial comments...)

   3. pg 7/line 212:Title of Example 3 would read "Acknowledgment Message embedded in HTTP Request"

   4. pg 7/line 213:HTTP Headers will have to change (should use POST)

   5. pg 8/line 239:Title of Example 4 would read "Fault  Message embedded in HTTP Request"

   6. pg 8/line 240:HTTP Headers will have to change (should use POST)

   7. pg 11/lines 334-339 should be reworded as follows:

          We say that Polling RM-Reply pattern is used if a second underlying request is issued to the

          receiver of a previous message, in order to obtain a RM-Reply. The RM-Reply can be either

          contained in the underlying response to this poll request or in a separate underlying request

          from the receiver to the sender. This poling pattern is generally expected to be used in

          situations where it is inappropriate for the sender of reliable messages to receive underlying

          protocol requests (behind the firewall cases) or to avoid resending bulk messages often.

   1. pg 15/Figure 3. The 3rd line should be titled "Underlying protocol Response/Request".

   2. pg 28/section 4.3

         1. Table 9: Add an optional attribute call replyTo of type anyURI

         2. We need to mention that RM-Reply MUST be contained in the underlying response of the Poll request if this attribute doesn't exist and should be sent  in an underlying request to the endpoint identified by this attribute if exists.

   3. And finally the schema has to reflect this  by adding an optional attribute to the PollRequest element.

 -Sunil

4.5      Soap 1

We closed this issue, but where is the soap 1.2 compatible schema?

Mail from Sunil:

I was about to venture into the WS-RM schema for SOAP 1.2 and realized

 that the only difference would be the namespace for the SOAP Envelope

 and the mustUnderstand attributes.

 So having 2 different schemas/namespaces is causing me some goose bumps.

 I've to admit that I was the one who initially suggested to have 2 different

 schemas/namespaces for SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2. However, at that time

 strict schema validation is critical (ofcourse even now its important) and there

 are Header elements such as Fault Header which is used only for SOAP 1.1.

 And now that we have many occurrences such as existence of groupMaxIdleDuration

 and groupExpiryTime attributes and replyTo attribute for Response and Poll

 pattern which cannot be validated with schema and only thru' specification, so

 having both mustUnderstand attributes (one for soap11 and other for soap12)

 on HeaderBaseType doesn't look that bad either. We then have to say in our

 specification clearly that one of these attributes MUST appear with a fixed

 value '1'.

 2 different schema will result in more examples (we have 2 give atleast one

 example with soap 1.2 envelope), more appendixes, more maintenance,

 however, much cleaner.

 So essentially I don't know which is lesser of the evils... I want to finalize this

 before I come up with SOAP 1.2 schema for WSRM.

 Thoughts???

 -Sunil

5         Discussion of Editorial Comments.

Editorial Comments for Discussion

6         Timing of WS-Reliability progression

Timeline proposed at F2F meeting.

  1. Feb 10 –  Tuesday call, final editing instructions agreed.
  2. Feg 12 – Document posted for TC internal review.
  3. Feb 24 – TC review comments resolved, editing instructions produced.
  4. Feb 25  Frozen document completed, TC review begins.
  5. March 2 – CD 1 ballot closes
  6. March 5 – 30 day Review initiated
  7. April 5 – 30 Day public Review ends
  8. April 15, submit to oasis staff for member vote
  9. May 01– Membership two week review
  10. May 15  – start member two week vote
  11. May 30 - member vote concludes.  Earliest Oasis Standard.