Subject: Re: [wsrm] New Issue

Sunil,

I am neutral whether we allow to send back Poll
reply in a different HTTP connection or not.

However I don't think the proposed changes are appropriate,
because it creates inconsistency. (E.g. Figure 3)
The essential concern I have with your proposal is
inconsistency of the relationship among Response, Callback
and Poll reply pattern.
Because an appearance of replyTo attribute is used to
differentiate bindings of sync Poll Reply(which reply is
on the same HTTP connection with PollRequest) and
async Poll Reply(which reply is on the different HTTP
connection with PollRequest).
In that case, why don't we do the same thing
for Response reply pattern and Callback reply
pattern?

In other words, we could have two messaging models(or
reply pattern or whatever) but not three reply pattern
as follows:
    Model1:
        1. Sender sends Reliable Message to receiver.
        2. Receiver sends Ack or Fault to the sender.
    Model2:
        1. Sender sends Reliable Message to receiver.
        2. Sender sends Poll message to receiver.
        3. Receiver sends Ack or Fault to the sender.

And model1 will be either:
    - The current Response reply pattern
      (Ack or Fault is in the HTTP Response) or
    - The current Callback reply pattern
      (Ack or Fault is in the HTTP Request)
And model2 will be either:
    - The current Poll reply pattern
      (Ack or Fault is in the HTTP Response) or
    - New poll reply pattern
      (Ack or Fault is in the HTTP Request)
And the appearance of replyTo differentiate
those two binding patterns for each of above models.

Actually this is what I have insisted in the F2F meeting
last year. Despite of that, we decided on the current three
reply pattern with your request (which is mixing HTTP binding
with messaging models, IMHO). I would say it was not
good decision and it made the spec depend on the HTTP like
(Req/Res type) underlying protocol. But anyway we chose it and
the many of the spec depend on the three reply pattern now.
So if we want to change that, it might require to update many more
portion of the spec.

In conclusion, what I would propose are:
    1. We keep it as is.  (It means that we do not allow
        Poll reply in the HTTP request.), or
    2. Allow to send Poll reply in HTTP request. And
        update other portion of the spec consistent as
        described above.
        (Replacing three reply pattern with the above
          two messaging models.)

Since we have time limited, 1. above might be
better for now unless TC member agrees with
this change immediately, and accept only three days review
period (from Monday to Wednesday next week)
for this change. In that case, I will do this change by
the end of this week.

Anyway I don't think this is a critical issue
we have to resolve immediately.
We can discuss this for the next version if TC exists,
and if we want. Timing to finalize the current spec
is more critical, I believe.

Thanks,

Iwasa