Subject: RE: [wsrm] Strawman Proposal for New wording of Section 5.2

Title: RE: [wsrm] Strawman Proposal for New wording of Section 5.2

inline <JD>

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Rutt [mailto:tom@coastin.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2004 10:55 AM
To: Doug Bunting
Cc: wsrm

Lets discuss this on email, or at the teleconference.  I put this forth
as a strawman to discuss, because there
was no activity on the list for several days.

This first attempt is trying to clarify how wsdl relates to what our
protocol does.  I tried to clarify
it with the restrictions which we had in the protocol already.   I do
not think ws reliability version 1.1
can support a consumer initiated response payload in the callback
response, and I know it cannot in the poll response.

I tried to not be Binding specific, however the Soap binding is
introduced so the
ws reliability elements can be thought of as being explicit wsdl message
parts bound to the header.

Another alternative is to eliminate wsdl altogether from the spec.

<JD> I suggest in a previous mail today
to give WSDL the status of a binding to the RMP operations and their invocation patterns.
Then, once defined this binding, we only need to talk about these RMP invocations, in the spec.
(except for  WSDL features & properties).

I did not make this point specifically, but SOMEHOW the receiving RMP
has to be aware of
whether a response payload must be waited for.  WSDL is one way to have
this awareness happen. Other ways may be api specific configuration
based on the operation name etc.

<JD> the "Respond" update sent in a previous mail simply makes this
a spec requirement. We don't need to say how this knowledge is
acquired by RMP: in our current implementation this is well supported by the Axis stack
without need to touch WSDL.

Tom Rutt