Subject: Fwd: Re: [wsrm] Proposed clarificaiton resolutions to Ferriscomments 1,2

--- Begin Message ---

  I agree "manages" is overly broad, but I think "controls" carries a
wrong implication: it suggests a multi-step procedure.  "Initiates"
similarly suggests a long-running process; we don't really want to
suggest *anything* about the way the process works.  I propose
"accomplishes".  If you don't like that, "effects" also works.

Mark Peel
Web Services Infrastructure
Novell, Inc.

>>> Tom Rutt <tom@coastin.com> 7/15/2004 11:07:59 AM >>>
perhaps "initiates" rather than "manages"

However, I thing Controls is close to the correct verb.  I prefer
controls, or initates, to manages, because managment implies many
operations.

Tom Rutt

Abbie Barbir wrote:

> see inline,
> abbie

RMP
>     to Consumer."
>
>     <ab> I agree , the term associated is mileading. However, I also
>     think controls is still misleading. How about, "An abstract
>     operation that  manage a transfer from ...)
>
>     Submit:
>
>     An abstract operation associated with a Sending RMP. When
invoked,
>     the
>     operation transfers payload data from the Producer to the Sending
RMP
>     (e.g., a request to the Sending RMP to take responsibility for
the
>     Reliable Message).
>
>     <JD> I would replace 1st sentence with:
>     "An abstract operation that controls a transfer from Producer to
>     Sending RMP."
>
>      <ab> same change as above
>

>     Respond:
>
>     An abstract operation associated with a Receiving RMP. When
>     invoked, the
>     operation transfers payload data from the Consumer to a
Receiving
>     RMP.
>
>     <JD> I would replace 1st sentence with:
>     "An abstract operation that controls a transfer from Consumer to
>     Receiving RMP."
>
>      <ab> same change as above
>
>     Notify:
>
>     An abstract operation associated with a Sending RMP. When
invoked,
>     the
>     operation makes available a response payload received by the
Sending