Subject: Contribution taking away one-way restriction on Callback and Poll

Due to the issue raised by Jacques in his email, I did not initiate the
Kavi CD ballot on draft 1.85

To facillitate discussion and, possibly, voting on a CD at our next
Teleconference, I just posted a contribution which removes the
restriction (and fixes a typo)

Based on Jacques email, I produced a version which takes away the
restriction of using call back and poll with only one-way mep.  I also
corrected a typo.  I just posted the revision as contribution:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/8706/WS-Reliability-1085ter.sxw

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/8707/WS-Reliability-1085ter.pdf

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/8708/WS-Reliability-1085ter-diff.pdf

Requirement R3.7 states:

*R3.7 *The Specification must support the Polling RM-Reply Pattern for
WSDL 1.1 Request-Reply

operations.

While there is no corresponding requirement for Callback Reply pattern,
it was allowed in all prior CDs we have voted on.  Since the protocol
will work with callback reply pattern with request-reply operations,
there is no reason for the restriction at this late time in the
progression of this specification.

The restrictions pointed out by Jacques, in section 6, have been there
since CD .992 and earlier, however they are pertinent only for the
one-way example, as shown in the figures.  These had to be clarified as
pertaining to one-way.

The following changes were made, against draft 1.085
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/8689/WS-Reliability-2004-08-12.pdf
, to take away restrictions on use of callback and poll only with
one-way mep.

Page: 11

Sequence number: 1

Type: Typographic error

line 336 - "between between"

Page: 13

Sequence number: 1

Type: Undue Restriction

lines 407-412 - Jacques email points out that this restriction of
callback Reply pattern to soap One Way is a technical change which is
not required for the protocol to work. While releasing this restriction
may not impact most use cases for the protocol, it takes away a
capability which has always existed in previous CDs.

Page: 14

Sequence number: 1

Type: Undue Restriction

lines 415-427: This new text introduces a restriction of poll request to
one-way soap mep, which is not required for the protocol to work. This
restriction is not necessary for the protocol to work.

Page: 52

Sequence number: 1

Type: Undue Restriction

line 1416: While the statement that , for Callback Reply pattern, the
HTTP response has no message body is appropriate for the example, it is
not a restriction required by the protocol. Should clarify that "in this
example, the HTTP response".

Sequence number: 2

Type: Undue Restriction

lines 1409-14ll: the sentence "To achieve this, the Receiving RMP MUST
NOT return a SOAP Fault and the HTTP response entity body SHALL be empty."

is pertinent only for OneWay operations, since request/response is
allowed by the protocol, this statment must be weakened to the one way case.

Page: 54

Sequence number: 1

Type: Undue Restriction

lines 1484-1485: As in the callback text, This sentence is only pertient
to one way operations, and it should be clarified that it is not a
requirement for request response operations.

Page: 55

Sequence number: 1

Type: Undue restriction

line 1494: While the statement that, for Poll reply pattern, the HTTP
response has no message body is appropriate for the example, it is not a
restriction required by the protocol. Should clarify by inserting "in
this example, the HTTP response".