Subject: RE: [wsrm] comment on 1.085jdak

Title: RE: [wsrm] comment on 1.085jdak

inline

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Rutt [mailto:tom@coastin.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 10:46 AM
To: wsrm
Subject: [wsrm] comment on 1.085jdak

In general I like the  approach taken by Jacques.

My only concern is that the figures 9, 10, and 11 in the http binding
section for callback and poll do not show
the rm-operations for Respond.

Either:
- the figures can be clarified as examples illustrating the use in the
one-way soap mep case (the easiest approch),  with an explanation that
the corresponding figures for request/response mep are not shown, or
- change to a new set of figures which have a dotted respond arrow with
an explanation that the respond arrow is only used for request/response
mep.

<JD> I'll keep track of these proposed updates in case Iwasa cannot do them for
teh contribution by tomorrow.

In any case there needs to be a statement that the sending and receiving
RMP must know when an application response is required for the operation.

<JD> Yes, although the need to "know" which SOAP MEP is used when sending a
Reliable Message, has always been there due to the fact that the sender (and receiver) needs to distinguish which SOAP MEP is used with the Response reply pattern ( One-way MEP not allowed). The Receiving RMP also had to distinguish (for handling of SOAP Faults)

 (see lines 1027-1046), although we could argue that just looking at the
RM Reply Pattern used was a sufficient - yet not error proof - way to figure this out (no longer the case in this contribution as Callback and Poll can be used on either MEP)

So we may want to make this more explicit.
I'll suggest a line in Section 2.3, after L382, saying:
"An RMP MUST be able to distinguish which SOAP MEP is being used when
sending or receiving a Reliable Message."
Hamid reassures me that this is well supported by the WS stacks, whether an
RMP is implemented as a handler or an end-point (e.g. SOAP node)
so there is no need to specify further how the RNP gets this knowledge
(implementation specific) (see my previous email).

Jacques