Subject: Re: [Fwd: [wsrm] Draft Submission letter for TC review]

Karl F. Best wrote:

> Tom:
>
> This is really good. Thanks for the great work, and compliments on the
> quality of work. Of course you've missed this month's deadline, so you
> have until 15 September to officially submit this.
>
> Just a couple of comments:
>
> > 1. A formal specification that is a valid member of its type, together
> > with appropriate documentation for the specification, both of which
> > must be written using approved OASIS templates.
>
> > Zip file at:
> >
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/8928/WS-Reliability-CD1086.zip
>
> > containing the following five files:
> > WS-Reliability-CD1086.pdf WS-Reliability version 1.1, CD 1.086
> > ws-reliability-1.1.xsd Ws-Reliability schema
> > reference-1.1.xsd Reference type schema
> > fnp-1.1.xsd Features and Properties schema
> > wsrmfp-1.1.xsd wsrm features and properties schema
>
> At the time that you submit we're supposed to check that the files use
> the OASIS template correctly, etc. Given the lead time we'll start
> taking a look at the files now and let you know if we see anything so
> you've got a bit of extra time to fix anything.
>
> One thing I noticed right away: you need to use the new OASIS logo at
> the top of the first page. New templates as well as a logo file are
> available at http://www.oasis-open.org/spectools/index.php

The new zip file with the new logo is at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/8936/WS-Reliability-CD1.086.zip

   WS-Reliability-CD1.086.pdf  WS-Reliability version 1.1, CD 1.086
 > ws-reliability-1.1.xsd Ws-Reliability schema
 > reference-1.1.xsd Reference type schema
 > fnp-1.1.xsd Features and Properties schema
 > wsrmfp-1.1.xsd wsrm features and properties schema

> Of course since this is just a template change the file wouldn't need
> another TC approval; you'd nly have to do that if there were any
> content changes.
>
> I'll also ask you to send the source (MSWord?) version of the file
> used to create the PDF; once this is approved as an OASIS Standard
> we'll need to update the title page with new dtae and status, so we'll
> need to source file to work with.

the open office source is at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/8935/WS-Reliability-CD1.086.sxw

This has the new logo,

> > 2. A clear English-language summary of the specification.
>
> Very good.
>
> > 3. A statement regarding the relationship of this specification to
> > similar work of other OASIS TCs or other standards developing
> > organizations.
>
> Also very good.
>
> > 4. Certification by at least three OASIS member organizations that
> > they are successfully using the specification consistently with the
> > OASIS IPR Policy.
>
> > The chair has received statements from the following TC member
> > organizations. We include pointers to the e-mail archive record of the
> > statements made.
>
> > <note the following letters do not explicity mention WS-Reliability CD
> > 1.086, and should be updated by the member companies to add the
> > explicit reference to the CD>
>
> Yeah; they should do this. Statements made in June could be considered
> to be out of date if the spec has changed since that time.
>
> > 5. An account of each of the comments/issues raised during the public
> > review period, along with its resolution.
>
> Just for kicks perhaps you could also list the dates of the public
> review.

I will add this to the submission letter