Subject: Corrected WSRM member vote submission letter with correct URLs

Karl: I am sorry, but somehow two URLs got screwed up in the previous
submission letter I sent..

The url at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/8936/WS-Reliability-CD1.086.zip

has the corrected logo included.

Somehow i sent the wrong submission letter (an earlier draft) with the
wrong url for both
the CD and the public review comment resolutions..

The correct zip file has CD1.086.zip at the end, the bad file has CD1086
at the end.

I attach a word version and an html version of the corrected submission
letter which changes
two urls.

Please let me know if this gets you to the correct zip file.

The submission is also in open office format at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/8935/WS-Reliability-CD1.086.sxw

Tom Rutt
.

Karl F. Best wrote:

> Tom:
>
> There is one thing that I would like to have done: I noticed that the
> spec document uses the old OASIS logo. Could you please replace this
> with the latest logo, then create a new PDF and zip file? Then just
> give me the link for the new zip (and make sure that it is public
> viewable). This is a non-normative change so won't require any TC
> approval or changing the document date or rev number, etc.
>
> The latest logo is at
> http://www.oasis-open.org/spectools/images/oasis.gif, and you can see
> an example of its use at
> http://www.oasis-open.org/spectools/docs/wd-spectools-word-sample-04.doc
>
> Everything else with the submission looks pretty good.
>
> -Karl
>

> Karl F. Best wrote:
>
>> I'll announce to members end of Sept. First half of October is
>> familiarization, second half is voting. Voting will end 31 October.
>> If it's unanimous affirmative then I'll announce the new OS right
>> away (1 November), but if there's any negative votes then the TC must
>> decide (within 30 days) how to respond.
>>
>> -Karl
>>

>> Tom Rutt wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for the ack.
>>> By the way, we are assuming the member vote will be over by the
>>> first week of November.  Is this
>>> a correct assumption?  Will be know what all the member comments are
>>> by the first week of November?
>>>
>>> Tom Rutt

SubmissionLetter-WSReliability.doc

Title: Draft Submission Letter for WS-Reliability 1
Submission Letter for WS-Reliability 1.1
OASIS Web Services Reliable Messaging TC

1. A formal specification that is a valid member of its type, together
with appropriate documentation for the specification, both of which
must be written using approved OASIS templates.

Zip file at:  http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/8936/WS-Reliability-CD1.086.zip  containing the following five files:
   WS-Reliability-CD1.086.pdf WS-Reliability version 1.1, CD 1.086
   ws-reliability-1.1.xsd     Ws-Reliability schema
   reference-1.1.xsd          Reference type schema
   fnp-1.1.xsd                Features and Properties schema
   wsrmfp-1.1.xsd             wsrm features and properties schema

2. A clear English-language summary of the specification.

The WS-Reliabilty specification, version 1.1, specifies a transport-
independent, SOAP based protocol for the reliable delivery of messages.
Reliable message delivery may be critical to some applications using
Web Services.

SOAP over HTTP [RFC2616] is not sufficient when an application-level
messaging protocol must also guarantee some level of reliability and
security. This specification defines reliability in the context of
current Web Services standards.

The WS Reliability specification provides the following reliability
features:

- Guaranteed message delivery, or At-Least-Once delivery semantics.
- Guaranteed message duplicate elimination, or "At-Most-Once" delivery
semantics.
- Guaranteed message delivery and duplicate elimination, or "Exactly-
Once" delivery semantics.
- Guaranteed message ordering for delivery within a group of
(sequential) messages.

The WS-Reliabilty specification uses SOAP 1.1 or 1.2 Part 1.  It may be
used with other transport protocols/bindings besides HTTP.

3. A statement regarding the relationship of this specification to
similar work of other OASIS TCs or other standards developing
organizations.

This specification has been designed to be used in combination with
other complementary protocols, and has built upon previous experiences
from the ebXML Message Service [ebMS].)  Both WS-Reliability and ebMS
have same messaging reliability contracts as objectives: guaranteed
delivery, no duplicate delivery, ordered delivery, and combinations of
these

However, WS-Reliability has improved on scalability and performance by
generalizing the use of sequence numbers, and can accommodate different
security and access conditions on each party, as this is more
frequently the case with a Web service and its clients, compared to
more symmetrical access conditions in messaging. The reliability
contract is more "application-oriented" in WS-R, where acknowledgment
is on final delivery, in contrast to "on receipt" by the message
handler in ebMS.

4. Certification by at least three OASIS member organizations that they
are successfully using the specification consistently with the OASIS
IPR Policy.

The chair has received statements from the following TC member
organizations. We include pointers to the e-mail archive record of the statements made.

Hitachi:
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/wsrm/200409/msg00000.html

Fujitsu
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/wsrm/200408/msg00130.html

Oracle:
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/wsrm/200408/msg00125.html

NEC:
 http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/wsrm/200408/msg00127.html

5. An account of each of the comments/issues raised during the public
review period, along with its resolution.

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/9025/PublicCommentsIsssues-090204.html

6. An account of and results of the voting to approve the
specification as a Committee Draft.

      TC roll call vote at teleconf on August 24, 2004

Name                   Company                Vote for CD 1.086
---------------        -------------------    ------------------
Joseph Chiusano        Booz Allen Hamilton    y
Jeff Turpin            Cyclone Commerce       y
Jacques Durand         Fujitsu                y
Kazunori Iwasa         Fujitsu                Not present
Tom Rutt               Fujitsu                y
Jishnu Mukerji         Hewlett-Packard        Not present
Robert Freund          Hitachi                y
Eisaku Nishiyama       Hitachi                y
Nobuyuki Yamamoto      Hitachi                Not present
Junichi Tatemura       NEC Corporation        y
Alan Weissberger       NEC Corporation        y
Abbie Barbir           Nortel Networks        y
Mark Peel              Novell                 y
Sunil Kunisetty        Oracle                 y
Jeff Mischkinsky       Oracle                 Not present
Pete Wenzel            SeeBeyond              y
Doug Bunting           Sun Microsystems       y
Tony Graham            Sun Microsystems       y
Chi-Yuen Ng            Univ of Hong Kong      y

15 yes, 0 no, 0 abstain, 4 not present

78% of eligible voting members voted yes
0% of eligible voting members voted no
0% of eligible voting members abstained

7. An account of or pointer to votes and comments received in any
earlier attempts to standardize substantially the same specification,
together with the originating TC's response to each comment.

This specification has not been previously submitted to OASIS.

8. A pointer to the publicly visible comments archive for the originating TC

WSRM TC public comment list:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wsrm-comment/

WSRM TC list:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wsrm/

9. A statement from the chair of the TC certifying that all members of
the TC have been provided with a copy of the OASIS IPR Policy.

The TC chair certifies that all members have been reminded to read the
IPR statement on numerous occasions and also in an e-mail
“Call for IPR disclosure regarding ws-Reliability spec” at:
 http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/wsrm/200405/msg00022.html

10. Optionally, a pointer to any minority reports submitted by one or
more TC members who did not vote in favor of approving the Committee
Draft, or certification by the chair that no minority reports exist.

No minority reports have been submitted to the chair as of this
writing.

Submitted by the TC chair, Tom Rutt, trutt@us.fujitsu.com