OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.

 


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

wsrm message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Subject: Prelim minutes of 1005 teleconf


The prelim minutes are attached

Please provide corrections to the list before friday.

Tom Rutt
WSRM TC chair

The f2f will be on Nov 9-11,  provisionally at Fujitsu in Sunnyvale, 
with Oracle at Redwood city as a backup.

The next meeting (oct 19) will be used to finalize the agenda for the 
f2f meeting.

-- 
----------------------------------------------------
Tom Rutt	email: tom@coastin.com; trutt@us.fujitsu.com
Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133


Title: Draft Agenda to WSRM TC Conference Call May 06, 2003

Preliminary Minutes WSRM TC Conference Call October 5, 2004

 

The meeting of the WSRM TC took place by teleconference 

Tuesday, October 5, 2004, from 5:30 to 6:30 PM Eastern Standard Time

 

1         Draft Agenda:

 

1 Draft Agenda to WSRM TC Conference Call

2 Roll Call

3 Minutes Discussion

3.1 Appointment of Minute Taker

3.2 Approval of previous meeting minutes

4 Action Item Status Review

5 Status of Member vote submission

6 Status of Interop SC

7 WS-Reliability Press Releases

8 Discussion of November f2f and future telecon schedule

 

2         Roll Call

Attendance:

First Name

Last Name

Role

Company

Voting Level

Tony

Graham

Member

Sun Microsystems

1

Pete

Wenzel

Member

SeeBeyond

1

Anish

Karmarkar

Member

Oracle

1

Sunil

Kunisetty

Secretary

Oracle

1

jeff

mischkinsky

Member

Oracle

1

Mark

Peel

Secretary

Novell

1

Abbie

Barbir

Member

Nortel Networks

1

Alan

Weissberger

Member

NEC Corporation

1

John

Fuller

Observer

Individual

 

Robert

Freund

Member

Hitachi

1

Nobuyuki

Yamamoto

Member

Hitachi

1

Jishnu

Mukerji

Member

Hewlett-Packard

1

Kazunori

Iwasa

Secretary

Fujitsu

1

Tom

Rutt

TC Chair

Fujitsu

1

Joseph

Chiusano

Member

Booz Allen Hamilton

1

 

 

Meeting is quorate.

 

3         Minutes Discussion

3.1      Appointment of Minute Taker

Tom Rutt will take minutes.

 

Minutes will serve to record issue resolutions.

3.2      Approval of previous meeting minutes

The corrected minutes of the Sep 21 tele-conf are posted at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/9445/MinutesWSRMTC092104.htm

 

Alan moved to approve, Jeff M seconded.

 

No opposition, minutes are approved.

 

4         Status of Action Items

 

4.1      Action 052503-1 (Tom Rutt) pending

 
Tom took an action item to complete the status column of 
pre public review issues list, with correct URLs.

 

4.2      Action 060104-5 (Jacques) Pending

 

Action: Jacques, will propose further edits, on the FAQ for composability.

 

Still open, low priority

 

 

4.3      Action 090704-1 (Tom) Pending

 

Action: Tom will try to find, from previous minutes, a list of features we have put off for future versions and will post it to the list for discussion.

 

 

5         Status of Member vote submission

Karl Best sent the following email to OASIS members, announcing the forthcoming member vote for ws-Reliability:

WS-Reliability specification submitted for OASIS Standard
From "Karl F. Best" <karl.best@oasis-open.org> on
30 Sep 2004 12:59:44 -0000

 

The two week vote will initiate October 16, which will close on Oct 31.

 

After the comments are received, the TC needs to review the comments.

 

 

6         Status of Interop SC

Dee Schur sent out an email about interop events at XML/2004

[Fwd: Re: XML2004] Feedback on Interops
From Tom Rutt <tom@coastin.com> on
5 Oct 2004 19:39:59 -0000

* From: "Dee Schur" <dee.schur@oasis-open.org>

 

Hello all,

We are approaching the bewitching hour and I need feedback on the InterOps

as soon as possible such as technical scenario, list of participants, amount

of time needed for InterOp, technical requirements.

 

So far, here is a tentative schedule:

 

Tuesday, 16 November Room 1

 

AM

WSRP

 

PM

ebXML Registry

 

Wednesday, 17 November Room 1

 

AM

EM TC

 

PM

WS-CAF TC

 

Thursday, 18 November Room 1

 

AM

 

PM

 

Please let me know, as I would like to get this announcement in the OASIS

News.

 

Best regards,

Dee

 

Bob F took an action item to make sure that ws-reliability gets a slot for the interop at xml/2004.

7         WS-Reliability Press Releases

The chair forwarded an email, from Carol Geyer, asking TC members to get ready for press releases in early November:

 

[Fwd: Re: WS-Reliability press release]
From Tom Rutt <tom@coastin.com> on
30 Sep 2004 17:37:11 -0000

* From: "Carol Geyer" <carol.geyer@oasis-open.org>

* To: <tom@coastin.com>

* Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:59:31 -0400

 

Aren't we talking about dropping a press release the first week of November?

Karl's message seems to indicate that voting doesn't conclude until 31 Oct.

 

When voting begins (16 Oct), I'll prepare a formal notification and ask you

to forward it to your TC members. It will contain hard dates and deadlines.

If you want to share the information below with your team before then,

that's fine. Please stress that all TC members should be sure their

organizations have a rep on the OASIS PR Group

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=pubrel.

 

Carol

 

-----Original Message-----

From: Tom Rutt [mailto:tom@coastin.com]

Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2004 12:19 PM

To: Carol Geyer

Subject: Re: WS-Reliability press release

 

I am available every day of october, except Oct 20 thru 24.

 

Should I relay this message to the WSRM TC so each company can begin to

prepare their statement?

 

Tom Rutt

 

Carol Geyer wrote:

 

>Tom,

>When Karl's Call for Vote goes out, I'll send an announcement to the

>OASIS PR Group and the OASIS WSRM TC, notifying members that a press

>release is being prepared in anticipation of WS-Reliability being

>approved as an OASIS Standard. The release will list all the OASIS

>Sponsor members who are current members of the OASIS WSRM TC, as well

>as non-profit orgs that have endorsed the work. These companies and

>orgs will have a chance to prepare and send me quotes, should they so

>desire. Sponsor members of OASIS who are not members of the OASIS WSRM

>TC may also send WS-Reliability endorsement quotes, but they will not

>be named as TC members. Our goal is to be ready to drop the press

>release as soon as the positive results of the vote are announced.

>

>We can set the exact date of the release when the CfV goes out, but we

>need to be sure you (or your TC's designated spokespersons) are

>available to field press calls that day.

>

>Any members of the OASIS WSRM TC that would like to issue their own

>press releases and/or speak to the press in support of WS-Reliability

>are certainly welcome to do so. We ask only that they do not do this in

>advance of the OASIS release.

>

>Looking forward to working on this,

>Carol

 

The chair told the members to get ready to provide quotes for the OASIS press release, sometime around the first week of November, after the OASIS vote closes.

8         Discussion of future meeting schedule

Given we will have the member vote over by the end of October, a Second week of Nov f2f seems is a good time.

 

The third week of November is XML 2004, in DC is 15th thru 19th.

 

The chair put out a survey regarding whether members who will be attending the

XML 2004 would attend a f2f in

a)      bay area on second week

b)      east coast area at end of second week

 

One member who responded stated he would not attend an east coast f2f, but he would attend a bay area f2f.

 

Other members who responded stated, either they would not attend either venue, while others stated they could attend either meeting (although some stated a preference for east coast at the end of the week.

 

Based on the survey, the chair recommends we have the f2f along with the private interop demo on tues thru thur the second week of November (Nov 9-11).

 

Jacques informed the Chair that Fujitsu has a meeting room available on those dates, in Sunnyvale.

 

The question of internet access needs to be further investigated.

 

Jeff M stated Oracle can get a conference room as a backup to the Fujitsu offer.

 

Bob: in our prior interops we found that internet access is not mandatory. A local DHCP router will suffice.

 

Agreed to have the meeting on tue thru thur Nov 9-11, in the bay area.

 

Also agreed to have only one teleconf before the f2f, on October 19, to finalize the agenda for the face to face.

 

Alan W asked that the agenda include discussions on the composition of ws-reliability with other web service standards. Tom stated this would be put on the draft

agenda along with resolving any comments on the spec from OASIS members.



[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]