OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.

 


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

wsrm message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Subject: Prelim Minutes of 12/14 conf call


Prelim minutes are attached.

Please post correction before the end of the week.

Tom Rutt
WSRM TC Chair

-- 
----------------------------------------------------
Tom Rutt	email: tom@coastin.com; trutt@us.fujitsu.com
Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133


Title: Draft Agenda to WSRM TC Conference Call May 06, 2003

Preliminary Minutes of WSRM TC Conference Call December 14, 2004

 

The meeting of the WSRM TC took place by teleconference 

Tuesday, November 30 , 2004, from 5:30 to 6:45 PM Eastern Standard Time

 

1         Draft Agenda:

 

1 Draft Agenda to WSRM TC Conference Call

2 Roll Call

3 Minutes Discussion

3.1 Appointment of Minute Taker

3.2 Approval of previous meeting minutes

4 Action Item Status Review

5 Status of WS-Reliability Specification

6 Status of Interop SC activities

7 Next Step Documentation

7.1 Editorial Clarifications and Errata

7.2 Implementation Guidelines

7.2 Future Enhancement Requests

7.3 Composability with other WS-Specs

8 Discussion of Future Meetings

 

2         Roll Call

Attendance:

 

First Name

Last Name

Role

Company

Joseph

Chiusano

Member

Booz Allen Hamilton

Jacques

Durand

Secretary

Fujitsu

Kazunori

Iwasa

Secretary

Fujitsu

Tom

Rutt

TC Chair

Fujitsu

Jishnu

Mukerji

Member

Hewlett-Packard

Robert

Freund

Member

Hitachi

Eisaku

Nishiyama

Member

Hitachi

John

Fuller

Observer

Individual

Alan

Weissberger

Member

NEC Corporation

Abbie

Barbir

Member

Nortel Networks

Mark

Peel

Secretary

Novell

Anish

Karmarkar

Member

Oracle

Sunil

Kunisetty

Secretary

Oracle

jeff

mischkinsky

Member

Oracle

Pete

Wenzel

Member

SeeBeyond

Doug

Bunting

Secretary

Sun Microsystems

 

Meeting is quorate.

 

3         Minutes Discussion

3.1      Appointment of Minute Taker

Tom Rutt will take minutes.

 

Minutes will serve to record issue resolutions.

3.2      Approval of previous meeting minutes

The minutes of the 11/30 meeting are posted at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/10607/MinutesWSRMTC113004.htm

 

Jeff moved to approve, Bob seconded.

 

No opposition, minutes 11/30 minutes approved.

 

4         Status of Action Items

4.1      Action 090704-1 (Tom) Pending

 

Action: Tom will try to find, from previous minutes, a list of features we have put off for future versions and will post it to the list for discussion.

 

4.2      Action 113004-1 (Tom) Closed

 

Action: Tom to deal with OASIS staff to get schema posted at the proper location on the OASIS web site.

 

Completed: schemas are now on site.

 

4.3      Action 113004-2 (Bob F) Pending

 

Action: Bob will work with the Interop SC to have them recast a next version of their feedback document using the following three categories (and taking into account the discussion at the F2F).

 

5         Status of WS-Reliability Specification

 

Tom had with OASIS staff post schema at the proper location on the OASIS web site.

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/WS-Reliability-CD1.086.pdf

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/fnp-1.1.xsd

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/reference-1.1.xsd

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/ws-reliability-1.1.xsd

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/wsrmfp-1.1.xsd

6         Status of Interop SC activities

Nothing new to report at this meeting.

 

Jacques: we might want to plan a future Interop event.

 

Bob: No concrete plans as of now. We need to determine budget, and effort to work on the next version. It would be better to find more people to participate. Each company needs to decide what resources we can expend to promulgate what we got.

 

Doug: It should be up to the produce groups themselves to publicize such usage in their products.

 

Bob: to what degree is it this TC, or SCs role beyond each company.

 

As of now there is nothing scheduled on the board for the SC.

7         Next Step Documentation

 

7.1      Editorial Clarifications and Errata

Clarifications , editorial nits, interpretations of the actual specification,

which should be posted for others to see

7.2      Implementation Guidelines / Application Notes

Things to help implementers, which, would typically be specific to application environments.

7.3      Future Enhancement Requests

Proposed changes for future versions which would ease implementation or enhance protocol capabilities.

8         Composability with other WS-Specs

Jacques posted a contribution for discussion at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/10281/WS-R_Composability_status.txt

 

Jacques: we have to do more on composability. Many people question how our spec will compose, especially with security. We have the beginnings of a paper here.

 

I am not sure what form the paper should be in. What I have is the very beginning of a rough draft. I believe it addresses all the aspects of composability.

 

Jacques: examples with header blocks with WS-security would be a special application note.

 

Bob: Specifically oracle composed and example of user id password in conjunction with ws-reliability. WS security processing sets ahead of ws reliability in their implementation.

 

Tom: can we get some header dumps showing ws-reliability in use with ws-security.

 

Jeff M: we can get that.to the group.

 

The Interop SC will work on producing such an example.

 

Jacques: Providing integrity to reliability headers.

 

Jacques will act as editor, but will await input from others.

 

Solicit comments on the original paper for discussion at next meeting Jan 11.

 

 

 

9         Discussion of Future Meetings

 

Potentially, what is the next Face to face.

 

General concensus on a face to face sometime in February, early march time frame. April is crowded.

 

Bob: I ask we try to avoid the w3c meeting in Boston, 28 Feb March 4.

 

Abbie: avoid WS-I meeting in March -8 11.

 

Third or fourth weeks March are both candidates.

 

Agreed to continue schedule of 90 minute teleconferences every two weeks, from Jan 11.

 

Jan 11, Jan 25, Feb 8, Feb 22

 

The latter Feb Date could be changed to an F2F, if necessary.

 

Abbie moved bob seconded. to adjourn at 6:30 PM

 

Next meeting Jan 11.



[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]