OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.

 


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

wsrm message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Subject: Preliminary Minutes of 1/11 WSRM TC meeting


The prelim minutes are attached.

Please post corrections before the end of this week.

Tom Rutt
Chair WSRM TC

-- 
----------------------------------------------------
Tom Rutt	email: tom@coastin.com; trutt@us.fujitsu.com
Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133


Title: Draft Agenda to WSRM TC Conference Call May 06, 2003

Full Agenda of WSRM TC Conference Call December 14, 2004

 

The meeting of the WSRM TC took place by teleconference 

Tuesday, Jan 11 , 2005, from 5:30 to 7 PM Eastern Standard Time

 

 

1         Draft Agenda:

 

1 Draft Agenda to WSRM TC Conference Call

2 Roll Call

3 Minutes Discussion

3.1 Appointment of Minute Taker

3.2 Approval of previous meeting minutes

4 Action Item Status Review

5 Status of WS-Reliability Specification

6 Status of Interop SC activities

7 Next Step Documentation

7.1 Editorial Clarifications and Errata

7.2 Implementation Guidelines

7.2 Future Enhancement Requests

7.3 Composability with other WS-Specs

8 Discussion of Future Meetings

 

2         Roll Call

Attendance:

First Name

Last Name

Role

Company

Joseph

Chiusano

Member

Booz Allen Hamilton

Jacques

Durand

Secretary

Fujitsu

Kazunori

Iwasa

Secretary

Fujitsu

Tom

Rutt

TC Chair

Fujitsu

Nobuyuki

Yamamoto

Member

Hitachi

Junichi

Tatemura

Member

NEC Corporation

Alan

Weissberger

Member

NEC Corporation

Abbie

Barbir

Member

Nortel Networks

Mark

Peel

Secretary

Novell

Anish

Karmarkar

Member

Oracle

Sunil

Kunisetty

Secretary

Oracle

jeff

mischkinsky

Member

Oracle

Pete

Wenzel

Member

SeeBeyond

Doug

Bunting

Secretary

Sun Microsystems

Chi-Yuen

Ng

Member

University of Hong Kong

 

Meeting is quorate.

 

3         Minutes Discussion

3.1      Appointment of Minute Taker

Tom Rutt will take minutes.

 

Minutes will serve to record issue resolutions.

3.2      Approval of previous meeting minutes

The minutes of the 12/14 meeting are posted at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/10919/MinutesWSRMTC121404.htm

 

Agreed to wait for the next meeting to approve 12/14 minutes.

 

4         Status of Action Items

4.1      Action 090704-1 (Tom) Pending

 

Action: Tom will try to find, from previous minutes, a list of features we have put off for future versions and will post it to the list for discussion.

 

4.2      Action 113004-2 (Bob F and Interop SC) Pending

 

Action: Bob will work with the Interop SC to have them recast a next version of their feedback document using the following three categories (and taking into account the discussion at the F2F).

 

4.3      Action 121404-2 (Jeff M and Interop SC) Pending

 

Action: Jeff M will provide examples of soap header dumps with both ws-reliability and ws-addressing eaders in use, as in the interop demo.

 

 

5         Status of WS-Reliability Specification

 

Tom updated the public and member web site pages for the TC to refer by URL to spec and schema at the proper location on the OASIS web site.

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/WS-Reliability-CD1.086.pdf

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/fnp-1.1.xsd

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/reference-1.1.xsd

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/ws-reliability-1.1.xsd

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrm/2004/06/wsrmfp-1.1.xsd

 

The spec itself still shows status a CD.

6         Status of Interop SC activities

Questions have been asked about public sites for testing spec.

7         Next Step Documentation

 

7.1      Editorial Clarifications and Errata

Clarifications , editorial nits, interpretations of the actual specification,

which should be posted for others to see

7.2      Implementation Guidelines / Application Notes

Things to help implementers, which, would typically be specific to application environments.

7.3      Future Enhancement Requests

Proposed changes for future versions which would ease implementation or enhance protocol capabilities.

8         Composability with other WS-Specs

Jacques posted a contribution for discussion at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/10281/WS-R_Composability_status.txt

 

Jacques will act as editor, but will await input from others. Solicit comments on the original paper for discussion at next meeting Jan 11.

 

Alan W posted the translation of a Japanese document regarding composition of WS-reliability with WS-Security at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrm/download.php/10926/WS-R%20WS-Security-20050107.doc

 

Alan explained that this is the document he referred to at the face to face meeting. The Japanese companies finalized this contribution just last week.

 

This makes the reliable message secure and tamper proof. It does not address making security headers reliably delivered.

 

Alan explained that Jacques and Alan will both be editors for the document as it progresses in the TC.

 

Jacques: This document focuses on only one method for composability. There are other ways to compose ws security and ws reliability. We would like to see more of this in the document.

 

The initial document I send out in November was about multiple aspects of composability with ws-reliability. We still need to have a ws composability document to explain how the model of ws-reliability handles composition aspects.

 

Another aspect of composability is with supporting specifications. Its not just soap header composition. Some extensibility points exist for addressing in the callback response.

 

Also how to use supporting specs for presenting rm agreements.

 

This document from Japan focuses on composition with security. We need to consider other ways to compose ws-security with ws-reliability, following the soap processing model (e.g., can process in a pipeline manner). We need to get feedback from others. We would like to hear from them as well.

 

Tom: there is an open action item on this.

 

Joe C: Do we anticipate this could be a joint technical note with ws-security TC?

 

Jacques: perhaps. We could go with a single document with general study of composability. Or we could go with a family of documents.

 

Alan: I prefer the modularity of a family of documents.

 

Joe: does ws security need to have reliability for ws security headers?

 

Alan: We do need a joint meeting with them on this.

 

Alan: I feel that the ws security group should review this document. Our intent for TC review is to get this approved as a technical note for oasis.

 

Joe: wsrp and ebxml registry did a joint technical note.

 

Jeff: Do you really want the WSS TC to approve?

 

Alan: Informal review and comments would suffice.

 

Jeff : I suggest we review it once ourselves first..

 

Jacques: we would like a review before submitting it outside.

 

Tom: Will the editors take care of the grammatical edits.

 

Jacques: Alan and I will be working on this soon.

 

Alan: we are interested first in higher level comments, on this approach.

 

Jacques: first the composition itself between reliability and security. We need more review on this from more people.

 

Then the architectural aspects of this composition need to be reviewed by the implementers of this spec. We need to ensure the architecture is modular in the soap processing sense.

 

Tom: when could a next document be ready?

 

Alan: that depends on the comments we get. The current spec does not deal with encryption of headers, it only deals with encryption of payload, to allow the headers to be processed by intermediaries.

 

Anish: signing of headers is not a problem for intermediaries. Encryption of headers could be done if the intermediary is trusted.

 

Tom: We need to get members to look at this document and focus on what additional usage scenarios we need to develop for this document. .

 

Tom: perhaps the Oracle action item on their use of security in the demo will suggest an additional usage scenario to add.

 

Jeff: before we start sending stuff to wss tc, we need to determine if it is what we agree with.

 

Tom: we should look at both of these documents for comments before the next meeting

 

Action: tom will send an email soliciting comments to the group.

 

Doug: the document is fairly unreadable in open office, and looks long and dense. Can it be simplified..

 

Jacques: we could have a simplified document as a second version

 

Doug: it needs a pdf version, the document does not look good in open office.

 

action: Tom will post a pdf version of the document after the meeting.

1         Discussion of Future Meetings

 

Potentially, what is the next Face to face.

 

Third or fourth weeks March are both candidates. Get a better idea at the next meeting.

 

Agreed to continue schedule of 90 minute teleconferences every two weeks, from Jan 11.

 

Jan 11, Jan 25, Feb 8, Feb 22

 

Jeff Moved , Joe C seconded to adjourn.

 

Meeting adjourned at 6:20 PM.



[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]